Shooting Glasses

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeMeMe

Well, it appears I've lost my glasses - I borrowed a pair off a friend today but need to replace them ASAP.So - what should I be looking for? Last pair where from one of the summer fairs and where changeable lens glasses but nothing special.

I've tried several over the years, had Randolph Ranger XL now for many years, can't see frame at all so nothing obscuring vision on any target, nose bridge is adjustable, up or down, easy lense change. Not silly money either like some others.

Just bought some beretta ones from Uttings  http://www.uttings.co.uk/Produ.....-oc1219-1/   (hopefully this link will work /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif) Excellent next day delivery and so much better than my old topgun set. Only used them once with the yellow lense on but very light and comfortable and the lenses are very quick and easy to change /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif

The best so far have been the Pilla! They have helped me slowly going back up into the top 10%. If you can't see it, you can't shoot it! As we age, we still have other eye issues such as targets going in and out of light in trees! It is the flash effect! The Lone Canadian,Henry/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Get the best ones you can afford as you will be wearing them a lot during the season in all kinds of light conditions. As already said. If you can't see it you can't shoot it.

I tried several cheaper and not so cheaper pairs before i eventually bit the bullet and bought pilla,not cheap but exellent. One of the biggest problems with the others was that they sat to close to the face and steam up whilst your shooting/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif

Wow, the Pilla range look amazing but I'm not sure I can justify £200+ on a pair of glasses for shooting. I understand the logic and know where you're coming from but I'm not sure I can make the cost balance.I'd like some similar to the Beretta I think - same cost range and don't have the bridge obstruction and have a set of lens options. Still not loving the silver though... hmmmm. Do people change len's due to light conditions or tend to favour one lens only?

i try not to change lenses that often but sometimes you have no choice, even on the same ground on the same day,you may be shooting in dark woodland one minute,and into bright sunlight the next.

I used to have 2sets of frames so set up One set for bright one set for dark wear one have the other ones on my cap. In sporting one minute your shooting in say woods then the next stand your facing bright sunshine. That's just what I did and it worked for me but a lot of people seem to have yellow or red lenses which seem to account for most light conditions. Rain conditions thats a whole new chapter :))

Jon said:

Liking the look of these: http://www.uttings.co.uk/Produ.....with-case/ Appears to be no obstruction between the eyes, has a clear set which my last set didn't as well as the red, yellow and black we expect, side protection looks good and a case to hold them all in.
IT,s the close comfortable fit! too close and they'll steam up and you won't see the target,the tight to the face wrap round ones are the worst for this, trouble is you won't know till you try them,hot humid weather is the worst,or when your walking alot and perspiring between stands.

I started out with a cheap multi lense set... got sick of them steaming up.. bought some Oakley Radars and a second lense, they are very good but now have a set of HiDefSpex (Pilla) which are the dogs undercarriage. I noticed that Sporting Targets have 50% off HiDef currently. Cheers, Jon.

Nice tip, I'll give them a call Jon. Found the old ones in the boot tonight as I was packing to go out but would still be interested in a new pair. Any sign of that shooting bag ? ;-)

Back