Shoot SP

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's all you need to know https://www.shootsp.co.uk/ 

I've still no idea what SP stands for.... 

I've been shooting with Ben's EYE D Rail and that worked for me. It didn't encourage barrel watching, just allowed me to be 100% sure that when I need to put the bead on the clay it was the eye over the rib that was seeing the picture. I'm very bead aware without looking back at the gun for it
this looks amazingly like Ben's revolutionary invention.  Been around for about EVER in the ATA kinda trap - talking about the blocker gizmo not the glo worm

https://www.facebook.com/EYEDRAIL/

http://www.meadowindustries.com/sights.html

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no fix for everyone only things that can make it better. The fact they say u still see more than one barrel but I know which one to use is bonkers. On a fast bird where u don’t have time then what. It’s completely nuts and experts in vision who I work with have no understanding of the concept 

I tested this on lots of students with no positive results only in some cases they got worse. 

The eye d rail isn’t a universal fix as that cannot be achieved but it’s results when understood are remarkable .... teaser video out soon 

0B470AFD-722C-4B60-87E1-D4F8058D3EE6.jpeg

Don't knock it until you have tried or tested it properly .

It uses new science , endorsed by a University Professor who lectures in Opthalmic Science . Most users that I have seen rave about how it has transformed their shooting and their results.

Sian , if you are as poor as you say you are it may well be a good investment ?

I personally don't have much faith in Easyhit and other 'Rails' as they encourage barrel watching .
If u don’t barrel watch then you buggered anyway. Barrel watching / awareness/ looking is a big part of the game now 

Yes I have seen you can try that.  Maybe I’ll give it a go although I’m so used to two eyes and then shut one I’ll probably have to tape my eye open 😂
Rail be perfect for u as it eliminates barrel jump !!!

this looks amazingly like Ben's revolutionary invention.  Been around for about EVER in the ATA kinda trap - talking about the blocker gizmo not the glo worm

https://www.facebook.com/EYEDRAIL/

http://www.meadowindustries.com/sights.html
Nothing like. Thts a shield working with no flournech and if u shoot gun down doesn’t work as the right angle let’s eye in !! Good research tho 

There is no fix for everyone only things that can make it better. The fact they say u still see more than one barrel but I know which one to use is bonkers. On a fast bird where u don’t have time then what. It’s completely nuts and experts in vision who I work with have no understanding of the concept 

I tested this on lots of students with no positive results only in some cases they got worse. 

View attachment 7652 
I see two barrels and I know which one to use, what part of the fact that is exactly what I have done for the past 30+ years is bonkers ? Did you bother reading the essay I posted on FB or are you convinced you know better automatically ? I explained exactly why even on fast birds (or when transitioning quickly from one bird to the other) conditioning the eye not to get confused and use the non master eye IS possible, what's bonkers is deriding something you just happen to disagree with when my, as well as other capable peoples results PROVE it works for some people

I very much agree with your statement that :

If u don’t barrel watch then you buggered anyway. Barrel watching / awareness/ looking is a big part of the game now 

I have long maintained that when they eventually develop a system that shows where ones eyes are (at various times throughout the shot taking routine), that it will blow away many of the myths such as "hard focus on the target only," without barrel/rib/bead (call it whatever you like) awareness you simply cannot impart the appropriate lead or speed of swing to a target. 

I have little doubt that your rail system will be a good addition to the world of cross dom shooters but maybe having a vested interest in it is clouding your better judgement somewhat, laughing emojies when people are discussing other methods or products on FB are not really helpful, SOME people can benefit from SP, some from glow beads, others like me prove vision experts wrong and shoot both eyes open (wasn't life ever thus?) and some will I'm sure find D Rail very helpful. 

Levels of success are different I guess. I wasn’t talking it down I was talking about 12 shooters I trialled it on and the honest results. 

Whilst seeing 2 barrels u will never be a threat to winning titles. Now titles I know are not everyone’s goal and I fully support these people as well. Now any system that makes the regular shooter better I would back 100% as I have done with easy hit and patches from the USA. 

As i stated the rail isn’t a let’s fix everyone dominance issues  but will help everyone in different ways 

sorry if offence was taken

Levels of success are different I guess. I wasn’t talking it down I was talking about 12 shooters I trialled it on and the honest results. 

Whilst seeing 2 barrels u will never be a threat to winning titles. Now titles I know are not everyone’s goal and I fully support these people as well. Now any system that makes the regular shooter better I would back 100% as I have done with easy hit and patches from the USA. 

As i stated the rail isn’t a let’s fix everyone dominance issues  but will help everyone in different ways 

sorry if offence was taken
99.5% of shooters aren't going to be a threat in winning titles (regardless of their eye dominance), that's a who...............le different subject onto itself. The point is if the method of conditioning oneself to keep both eyes open can be done to the point of reaching AA/AAA, and/or occasionally shooting near perfect scores at ESP, then what's preventing that person from reaching international podiums isn't necessarily shooting methodology or eye dom. 

I look forward to seeing your new product in action, as you say no one product/method is going to be an all round fix. 

sooo... are we meant to be shooting with an eye shut then?! :hmm: This learning curve keeps changing for me. :)
Not at all, if you happen to be lucky enough (the majority actually are) to have a master eye that matches your preferred shoulder then keeping both eyes open is the way to go. Unfortunately when you're cross dominant that's not always possible or even advisable, so many variables are at play but essentially the advice has tended to suggest that people who continue to shoot from their "natural" shoulder ought to close their dominant eye "just before firing" - unless you articulate what that phrase actually means in detail  then it can be argued that people who employ this tactic are in fact teaching themselves to utilise the non dom eye during pretty much 95% of the shot taking process, closing up and taking it to its logical 100% conclusion is what I have done. 

Based on 30+ years of ignoring that advice and learning to shoot with both eyes open (despite being cross dominant) I have proved that there are more ways to skin a cat than the 2/3 ways offered by experts. 

Nothing like. Thts a shield working with no flournech and if u shoot gun down doesn’t work as the right angle let’s eye in !! Good research tho 
I will be absolutely fascinated to see the difference!!  Waiting with bated breath as it were!  Perhaps just a couple of still pix could illuminate the product in a better way than a vidi as the one on the net that I saw was worthless.

BTW the Meadow thing proper is totally independent of the gloworm.  I've seen them on a number of guns none of which had the worm and I took one off a barrel I got for my wife's MX8 and it had no worm either.  

just a thot 

I will be absolutely fascinated to see the difference!!  Waiting with bated breath as it were!  Perhaps just a couple of still pix could illuminate the product in a better way than a vidi as the one on the net that I saw was worthless.

BTW the Meadow thing proper is totally independent of the gloworm.  I've seen them on a number of guns none of which had the worm and I took one off a barrel I got for my wife's MX8 and it had no worm either.  

just a thot 
Exactly mate it’s a right angle and only works mounted but tests have shown floured the key lines a combo hook and bead 

I have eye dom issues and use a bit of opaque tape over the dom eye sweet spot... seems to work for me. The secret is knowing where you barrels are pointing and only looking at the target. Like Hammy said greater than 99% of all the shooters in the world will never win a major competition and/or even a minor scratch competition. For me a penny worth of tape is all that is really needed the rest is down to knowing where your gun points and knowing that shooting the right bit of sky. Others will blind their dom eye at the right moment... I just find that tiring so since glasses are oblig a bit of tape in the right place is fine.

A top OT shooter (not from this country) is reputed to state that he looks for the target with one eye and shoots it with the other.....go figure 🤔

Ben said ,

"As i stated the rail isn’t a let’s fix everyone dominance issues  but will help everyone in different ways "

Now I am confused !  

If it will not fix some peoples dominance issues , how will it help everyone in different ways?

Also to clarify what I said :- I said I do not encourage barrel  watching .

Which is a totally different concept to being barrel aware .

Use Muzzle awareness to guide you to the target, but concentrate on , target , line and lead .

•  

Ben said ,

"As i stated the rail isn’t a let’s fix everyone dominance issues  but will help everyone in different ways "

Now I am confused !  

If it will not fix some peoples dominance issues , how will it help everyone in different ways?

Also to clarify what I said :- I said I do not encourage barrel  watching .

Which is a totally different concept to being barrel aware .

Use Muzzle awareness to guide you to the target, but concentrate on , target , line and lead .

•  
Many ways to use eye dominance and many ways to improve it. I along with many of the best use the barrel a lot 

Perhaps you would like to explain then?

Perhaps you would like to show decent photographs of the Eye D Rail and explain how and why it is better than all other aids to assist in overcoming eye issues.

Back