Shiny stocks

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIMON-B

Just had the lacquer removed and an oil finish applied to my stock, can anyone recommend a product to bring a shine back. :huh:

Doh!!

I have used CCL stock oil for decades. It's hard work but the results are good, just don't re apply until the first coat is properly dry.

Spar Varnish or Bar top Varnish, very glossy and hard wearing. BUT it is Varnish! ! ! !

You want a finishing compound its a wax with fine grit in and will buff up a treat. Available from any good gun shop, can't remember the make will have a look after.

You want a finishing compound its a wax with fine grit in and will buff up a treat. Available from any good gun shop, can't remember the make will have a look after.
yes I think this is what I'm looking for, had the wood bleached to lighten it and bring the grain out, adding more oil will darken it and I'm trying to avoid that...thanks.. :D

Doh!!

No prob. I meant to say burnishing not finishing. Sorry was early morning when i posted :)

Is take it this will do the job, I might even use a bit of patients...
y6ysytaz.jpg

Doh!!

Latest posts

Back