Sgc copy

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi 40UP, found the site at last!,  See you soon. Poss.Wed.? One point that might be of interest to anyone in staffs, it has just taken FOUR months and several phone calls to get my SGC. renewed.so apply in plenty of time!!!. Sorry Nicola, I do seem to be repeating some of your comments, should have read all the thread!. No probs ........I was just joking :)

"Possession of shotguns after the certificate has expired is an offence" Paragraph 2 of a renewal notice.If it looks like your certificate is not going to arrive in time, immediately contact your licensing authority and ask for the grant of a section 7 certificate and demand the granting and immediate forwarding of it.Now to issue this is a similar amount of time and work as a proper renewal so point that out to them.They do not really like to grant section 7's as they are auditable and a measure of the departments efficiency.

Fi is still waiting Pete. Only just found out the firearms office is now at the cop shop in town not Weston road anymore. If she hasn't received by the weekend I'll have a chat to you on Monday.

Maxum, For the time it will take, and the cost of a telephone call, it may help Fi's application to ask if they are happy to assist you with your crime of possessing firearms without a certificate. and is the Chief Constable happy for you to do so?/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gifThey don't like it up 'em Sir

Just to give you an idea of how hard it is to gain a license elsewhere in Europe. I have to complete a course and examinations to get an official sign off from a club here to then say I am able to handle a gun properly. Even with being a CPSA member for 15 years, GB Badge etc etc you still have to prove your competance and make this! Back to school for me then! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Hawkeye said:

I think a policeman needs to carry authorisation to be able to confiscate .
 That is incorrect.A constable has legal authority to sieze any firearm. In reality, if he was competent and familiar with the firearm, he would make/prove it safe. If he was unsure of the firearm he had been presented with, he would eitherA). Call for an officer with experience of that particular firearm to prove/make it safeorB). Without tampering with it, take it un molested to a Police station where someone with experience could be called to make/prove it safe.

I stand corrected Bob, I must have misunderstood what the policeman was explaining to me.

Hi Bobski, not sure I like the sound of the B option /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif some plod carrying a potentially cocked and loaded gun back to base in his panda, sounds like an accident waiting to happen /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif  I suppose in reality the shooter should have unloaded/made safe when approached by the officer in the first instance but even so the officer isnt to know that.

Fuzrat said:

Hi Bobski, not sure I like the sound of the B option /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif some plod carrying a potentially cocked and loaded gun back to base in his panda, sounds like an accident waiting to happen /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif  I suppose in reality the shooter should have unloaded/made safe when approached by the officer in the first instance but even so the officer isnt to know that.
 You're dead right Fuz (., very appropriate to this conversation /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif ), B would not be the best option but that is exactly what would have happened while I was serving.These days, there is much better access to firearms teams, but if they were not able to attend, The gun would still be siezed, taken to a nick and labelled as not proved before being stored in a secure cabinet awaiting " a man who can". We were all instructed NOT to medle with firearms in the evidence store/secure cabinets and NOT to try and make safe guns we were not entirely familiar with. General duties officers would still be expected to sieze them though, if the need arose (which in nearly 30 years, it never did for me).

Hawkeye said:

I stand corrected Bob, I must have misunderstood what the policeman was explaining to me.
 Things may have changed but I doubt it, I have only been retired 3yrs.

Man..... having nightmares over here on my application, looks like 16hr course with testing on legal legislation and Gun Handling to enable me to prove I can handle a gun! I did think about recommending Mike! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif Obviously so many 1000's of registered targets, 15 years in CPSA, 4 GB caps, and numerous competitions abroad counts for nothing over here! There was me thinking I would be treated like a celebrity! FFS! Oh well have to wait for the official letter now confirming the next steps! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gifMakes a SGC in UK seem simple to this, should think ourselves lucky back home! Glen.

Yes still awaiting the pending official letter until I decide what to do! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif

The Baron came back to me as well and mentioned the slightly shorter route for clay shooters. I will send it you when I am back on laptop.

Latest posts

Back