Setting up a rifle scope

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

I have decided to set my rifles up again, I set them up originally myself and have never quite felt comfortable behind them.  Any pointers?

I have decided to set my rifles up again, I set them up originally myself and have never quite felt comfortable behind them.  Any pointers?
Don't really understand the question, what rifles/calibres/use and by set do you mean mounting the scope and eye relief distance or the zero range ? 

Don't really understand the question, what rifles/calibres/use and by set do you mean mounting the scope and eye relief distance or the zero range ? 
Agree.

I can offer help but more detail is needed.  Focus the question, please.

Sorry..  I’m looking to set up 17hmr, 22lr and 243, all for scope distance and eye relief to make rifles more comfortable and to not have to move head on stock to get best site picture.  I read somewhere that the scope should be as far forward as possible, but I’m not sure where...

22lr will be zeroed at 50M 17 and cf at 100M ... all advice is helpful 

I read somewhere that the scope should be as far forward as possible, but I’m not sure where.
You probably know this already if you've watched the video, but that "advice" you read somewhere is nowhere near correct.

You probably know this already if you've watched the video, but that "advice" you read somewhere is nowhere near correct.
Indeed! It was Zeus’s advice in a magazine..

Thanks for advice, moved scope around yesterday and it’s much better, just need to zero off some bags rather than sticks

Latest posts

Back