Setting the bar in ESP

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure EJC will have a good entry, you don't get that many chances to shoot on the estate. although we will be back there for the worlds again this year.

personally I think the League should have been cut in half.... if everyone turns up at one shoot it could be a disaster and fall over pretty quickly....

personally I think the League should have been cut in half.... if everyone turns up at one shoot it could be a disaster and fall over pretty quickly....
Correct. You simply don't want 360 entries. Steve Lovatt said to me that it's mixed emotions once you top 220..

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct. You simply don't want 360 entries. Steve Lovatt said to me that it's mixed emotions once you top 220..
Yes but the pain goes away when you multiply 220 by £33 and every four more entries is a hundred and twenty odd quid. "Busy was it? Maybe just a bit but we were finished by quarter past three".......

I'm planning on getting to EJC at 8 am for breakfast! Trouble is I suspect another 300 shooters are too! Is the car park big enough? If the entries carry on this way perhaps the shoots will have to be two day events! Great to see the level of interest but I think I'm taking a shooting stick or stool to the next one.

I'm planning on getting to EJC at 8 am for breakfast! Trouble is I suspect another 300 shooters are too! Is the car park big enough? If the entries carry on this way perhaps the shoots will have to be two day events! Great to see the level of interest but I think I'm taking a shooting stick or stool to the next one.
two day events would great

Ian, this event is not at EJC shooting ground. It will be over on the estate. Seem to recall lots of parking space, albeit a field. 

Ian, this event is not at EJC shooting ground. It will be over on the estate. Seem to recall lots of parking space, albeit a field. 
Mate and I are booked in for 1.00, are there separate buffet facilities or is the estate within walking distance of the main club ?

Mate and I are booked in for 1.00, are there separate buffet facilities or is the estate within walking distance of the main club ?
Booked? No booking Hamid.

I assume same as last year, totally different venue. Don't go to shooting ground. 

There were catering stalls outside the barn where mission control is. More of a bacon roll in the hand affair although there may be seating in the barn. (Posh barn). 

Booked? No booking Hamid.

I assume same as last year, totally different venue. Don't go to shooting ground. 

There were catering stalls outside the barn where mission control is. More of a bacon roll in the hand affair although there may be seating in the barn. (Posh barn). 
That's what mate seemed to imply, will text him and see as I'd sooner make a start a bit earlier. 

A really good thread this Mr Hewland.

I just hope the course setter for Churchills does not read it as he will probably crap his self in the fear of how to set the course !!!!!!

I am a fan of West London as a ground, but they are not experienced at setting ESP Reg shoots. Simple as that. EJ Churchill are and will do a great job I'm sure!

I see on WLSS fb page that they are going to be holding more sporting shoots through 2016. So as a ground that has nothing to lose, then perhaps the bar is going to be raised. Whether they are to be CPSA registered or not who knows? 

I am a fan of West London as a ground, but they are not experienced at setting ESP Reg shoots. Simple as that. EJ Churchill are and will do a great job I'm sure!
Churchills might just set the shoot on the soft side...just as you like it ;)

340 people and all wrapped up by 5pm. 

How you can say Wlss has no experience in setting shoots is idiotic. 

The shoot was fine, it ran smoothly and had catering inside the house and on the ground. Toilets all over the venue and signage Stevie wonder could follow.

You got around 14 stands without getting muddy or hit by clays. 

Months of prep went into that and you disregard it over a harder than average course. 

340 people and all wrapped up by 5pm. 

How you can say Wlss has no experience in setting shoots is idiotic. 

The shoot was fine, it ran smoothly and had catering inside the house and on the ground. Toilets all over the venue and signage Stevie wonder could follow.

You got around 14 stands without getting muddy or hit by clays. 

Months of prep went into that and you disregard it over a harder than average course. 
As last year, the ground ran well, looked great, catering good. Individually the targets are great too, but as last year, the final ingredient of balancing the whole course was nowhere near right IMO.

And as for not getting hit by clays, well that gets taken care of when they are all 70 yards away. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back