Semi Autos?...Good, or Just Plain wrong?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah mate don't worry its a cuban hand rolled on a virgins thigh :)

Clay. Yeah and it takes about 4 hrs on average :)

To smoke one :)

Couldn't careless where they are from, you simply cannot beat a good hand job... with a cigar

Currently smoking a poxy dutch (i think) one as it was all the shop near the caravan site we are on tonight had, washed down with equally poxy blended scotch for same reason. Abt practice tomorrow for English open at bisley : not shot for out a week :(

Nic

yes it is sat sun. Imperial cup been on all week too, that's Roberts pals doing that f class full bore mallarky :)

Ps , i am in north of England team again so need a good show :)

Emmsy said:
i still go by my statement that the flag highlights a lack of experience.

seriously there are bigger things to worry about than going around checking to see if everyones bolt is back, if the gun is pointing in the correct orientation who cares!
The owner of the semi may not need a flag because they are experienced - but using one will let everyone else know that the gun is safe.  I see a flag as more use for the people around the gun than the owner themselves.  I just think it is common courtesy.  It is a bit like a O/U owner walking round with a closed gun, he may know it is empty, but everyone else does not.

The owner of the semi may not need a flag because they are experienced - but using one will let everyone else know that the gun is safe.  I see a flag as more use for the people around the gun than the owner themselves.  I just think it is common courtesy.  It is a bit like a O/U owner walking round with a closed gun, he may know it is empty, but everyone else does not.
Quite.......well said...!

(Re cap........don't want to pick up shells, don't want to use flags.......Hmmmmm).

Emmsy said:

seriously there are bigger things to worry about than going around checking to see if everyones bolt is back, if the gun is pointing in the correct orientation who cares!
The flag is not  down to inexperience it is a clear indication of responsibility towards other shooters and a respect of their concerns relating to the safety of the gun, it is also a very good habit to show younger less experienced shooters what they should be doing should they acquire a semi auto

Emmsy said:

And just how are the rest of us supposed to know if you are experienced or some clueless numpty who has just turned up straight from the gun shop and who has never heard of flags let alone safety!

There is always someone who has to fly in the face of accepted and laid down practice - I hope I don't come across you on the range as you and your attitude are an accident waiting to happen!

Rant over! :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back