Santa does compact - part 2

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Santa2512

Ok, following on from my previous compact thread, and some of the comments raised, 

The Beretta, has lost some length in the stock and the comb has been set to me , and not to my approximation of me.

Now ive been shooting 28's recently,, and with the reduction in pad thickness was a bit concerned that recoil may be an issue with the 28's, so to be on the safe side, i grabbed a slab of  Evo 24's

On my way to shoreham today, i popped into Southdowns just to try out the gun and see which cartridge was best suited to my mods.

I started with a round of skeet,  using the 28's ...  wow what a change,  where as before, i'm usually behind, or taking the back edge of the clays, i was the opposite now, with me taking the fronts off. 

I also forced myself to slow down by using the delay setting , calling for the bird, and then closing the gun and mounting. This stopped me holding and analysingthe shot while waiting for the bird...  more see,  react , shoot.

Tried the next round with 24's ..  TBH, there wasnt much difference on the shoulder ....   again go some more consistant kills

I then wandered down the lane,  trying various stands...   kills and misses, but on balance i'd say more killes,  i even managed to nail  a nice sim pair of a R-L crosser & a driven over the bank  :)   happy santa 

Ok onto the compact -  

Back to Shoreham tonight,  Two layouts again.

Layout one -  running down the valley, - mainly  crossers,   one going away, and an incomming bird.

Layout two - on the flat at the top of the valley -  a mix,   going away, looper  going away , incommer & hightower crosser

Ok first attempt layout 1  -  

11ex25  -  hit the singles, but the doubles  still gave me some problems ..  (mainly me forgetting  A,B,C,D  etc  doh)

First attempt Layout 2

15ex25 -   Where did that one come from ... holy moly .  I had kills everywhere -   I even straighted stand 4

Layout 1 for  a 2nd attempt

19ex25    - OMG - where did this come from  - straighted stand 3, and only missed out straighting stands 2 & 5 by a bird on each

Happy is an understatement ...      :)  

Now i know i'm going to have bad days still, but it certainly has put some of the Mojo back into my  shooting

:santa: :) x

Santa, do you fancy a go at the bottom compac at Northall tomorrow?

That'll soon put you back in your box!

:)

Arrived at 7.00pm.........saw a short and well rounded guy in the distance smiling back at me. I walked up and said "Are you Santa".........Nope, but he was here earlier coz I saw it written on his gun slip!

Well shot Old Bean......... :angel:

Arrived at 7.00pm.........saw a short and well rounded guy in the distance smiling back at me. I walked up and said "Are you Santa".........Nope, but he was here earlier coz I saw it written on his gun slip!

Well shot Old Bean......... :angel:
​Indeed,   I arrived very early   4pm,  planning to stay until late,

but  The other half , was going out, so i had to pick up the youngest, so i had to leave about 6:15.

I was looking out for you though.  Not sure if im going to be able to make any more at the moment, as im back at work next week, need to look at the holidays comming up :)

:santa:

​I was trying to be gracious and not mention the fact that I TOLD YOU SOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  XXXXXX
​Indeed you did :) xx    

So when are we going to get together to show off our mods?  

:santa: x

I would like that.  Really busy time shooting wise coming up for me:

13th June Jack Pyke at Sporting Targets

20th June - Premier League shoot at West London

27th June Classic Sporting at Windrush

28th June Fitasc at Barrow Heath if it is still on

4th July Beretta World

12th July Sportasc at Westfield

And more to include hopefully Shootclay in August

All Sundays two registered and/or Open shoots

I'd like to get to an EJC registered again or get to Owls Lodge as I haven't been before - if we were to co-ordinate a date a few months in advance perhaps we could meet up at one of these two.  Otherwise could let you know when next at Southdown where usually I would book the Sporttrap and do the 100 Registered and you could meet up with us.

Back