Same chokes in both barrels?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And of course it all totally depends on the shell you are using some use 21g of 7.5 for everything...... If you have a close rabbit drop 28g of 9's in or change choke?

Girls....girls.....if you put it in the right place you will hit it.....no matter what chokes ...!!

Mind you....it helps if you use a good cartridge....like Fiocchi for instance....because a top quality cartridge.....cleans your barrels as well......so......unless it has been raining.....you don't have to waste time polishing your kit afterwards......unless you are a polisher sort....who is not happy unless they are polishing something.......all day long

I use 1/4 and 1/2 but can never remember which barrel I put them in before shooting so just carry on as if they are both the same...

I use 1/4 and 1/2 but can never remember which barrel I put them in before shooting so just carry on as if they are both the same...
Think of them as 3/4 and full....and you will hit loads more :wink:

And of course it all totally depends on the shell you are using some use 21g of 7.5 for everything...... If you have a close rabbit drop 28g of 9's in or change choke?
Are you talking about me? Or is there someone else out there with the same peculiar habits?

I have a half and a quarter choke in and will toggle if necessary, although sometimes I go out with a pair of quarters.. I have used 9s but 21g 9s. If it looks like a skeet bird shoot it like a skeet bird i.e. with open chokes and 9s. It makes little difference if you put the gun in the right place. 

Choke is nothing without cartridge............... 

Changing cart will change pattern as much as changing choke.......... 

WHAT !!!!!

You mean there is something other than 3/4 full ???
Ian if you shot one of those rather nice looking black action K80's with multi adjustable everything, you could shoot it with cyl and cyl. All you would need to do would be to take em early, not too much of a problem is it?  :spiteful:

speaking from my lofty position of general ignorance and total incompetence, does it really matter what chokes you have in as long as the combination works for you?

Ignorance is bliss Bryn - the less to worry about, the better   :)

Only tried skeet once. My gun has fixed quarter and a half.

Think I could get hooked on it.

Ian if you shot one of those rather nice looking black action K80's with multi adjustable everything, you could shoot it with cyl and cyl. All you would need to do would be to take em early, not too much of a problem is it? :spiteful:
i would like to say something on the lines of nice looking k thing ! You avin a laugh mate.

BUT my recent change of persona dictates that unfortunately i cannot for fear of reprisal.

I now like everything and everyone including k guns and sporting shooters.

Just saying.

i would like to say something on the lines of nice looking k thing ! You avin a laugh mate.

BUT my recent change of persona dictates that unfortunately i cannot for fear of reprisal.

I now like everything and everyone including k guns and sporting shooters.

Just saying.
Ha!!! Well it took you long enough to rise to that bit of bait! Pmsl!!

mate of mine in SA was in a hurry one day on a national shoot , ( David Stevens.)  great guy,,, but only 5ft.5in,,,( Dave, for short, :prankster: )  anyway,  1st stand, FSP,,, straight,,, in fact ,,shot a 90 for the day,, long birds too those days,,,,, forgot the chokes,  yep,  thread and thread both barrels,,,,,,,,

he ended in top 5,,,,,,,

Seriously though I think there are so  many variables - individual ability, barrels, cartridge, shot size, pattern,  discipline, clay, even the weather on longer birds, so you can't say go with such and such chokes. Hence the 'go with what works', other than that it has to be general guideline on the choke/cartridge combination. Interestingly my grandfather had spare barrels made for his personal SxS 28" full and full I would guess back in the 1930s so having the same choke in both barrels is not a modern thing, the other barrels are 31" 1/2 &3/4, I have no idea why but by all accounts he was a pretty useful shot .

Latest posts

Back