Robin Hood Shoot

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotshot100

Went to the Robin Hood Shoot for the first time today. Nice little shoot with decent targets that should allow every body to put a decent score in.

All of their traps appeared to be fairly new and I didn't witness one trap breakdown only the odd broken clay.

I got the Perazzi out of moth balls last week and shot it for the first time in several months at Greenfields last Friday. It still works well and I was pleased with 60x80 shot with Hull Intercomp 24 gram cartridges although I did make some silly mistakes.

Used it again this morning with Fiocchi Super Sporting cartridges and thought I was on a real roll having only dropped two targets out of the first 40. However dropping 5x10 on an awkward pair of rabbits messed up a good scorecard I then missed a further 7 on the next 2 stands.

I was actually starting to feel guilty about entering in C class until the last 3 stands.

A very enjoyable mornings shooting.

Funnily enough, I went there for the first time today too.

7 stands of 10 today- apparently they vary it, sometimes 50, 80 or 100.

Good range of targets: rabbits, sim teal, sim crossers, r-l + l-r, going away + looper, pair of overheads . Nothing needed much lead though.

The lad on stand 7 needed a nudge for mis-scoring though. Watching him score I had to correct him twice for giving obvious hits as misses. I didn't bother pointing out the misses he scored as hits as it was getting silly. I just checked what he wrote for me after every pair.

Entered A class and shot 61/70 shooting with Velocity from Gambore for the first time. (Decided Hull superfast are overpriced now). Was leading when I left. Resisted the girl at the desk suggesting I switch to the lady's class instead. However I think 61 will have been beaten. Husband refused to wait for the final results

You're right about the lad on 7. I don't know why he couldn't see them properly. The one on 6 wasn't much better.

I think the problem was that they hadn't positioned themselves properly, they seem to think that the chairs are immoveable.

61 was a good score, it was the rabbit stand that started the rot for me.

Hi I've not come across this shoot, where about"s is this located?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just off Bluebell Hill?

I wasn't driving but we came to a dead end and then crossed the main road which my husband told me was Bluebell Hill. It's behind a pub called......The Robin Hood

...and it is one of, if not THE oldest clay Shoot in Kent, at around 45 years.

Taken over and spruced up 2 years ago by my mate Phil and his partner.

I was there today as well!  Turned up about 11:30.  Collected my winnings from last time.  Sadly only put in a 54 in B, so in joint 2nd at the moment.

The distant rabbit cost me two I think, before I sussed it.

Stand 7...it was the left hand rising bird that caught me out.  Was trying to follow it up, but really just needed to wait for it.

He does put on some tricky targets at times :)

...and it is one of, if not THE oldest clay Shoot in Kent, at around 45 years.

Taken over and spruced up 2 years ago by my mate Phil and his partner.

I was there today as well!  Turned up about 11:30.  Collected my winnings from last time.  Sadly only put in a 54 in B, so in joint 2nd at the moment.

The distant rabbit cost me two I think, before I sussed it.

Stand 7...it was the left hand rising bird that caught me out.  Was trying to follow it up, but really just needed to wait for it.

He does put on some tricky targets at times :)
Think I will enter in B next time. My 56 in C was out of the running before I left.

That left hand target on 7 caught quite a few out, I also saw several people struggle with the going away report bird.

I think this is a bit odd...

Went to Willow Farm today to shoot a 100 bird open (run by the Abbey shoot from Detling)

Bumped into the bloke who was running the Robin Hood shoot and he said my 61 won it - and I mean high gun, not ladies. Apparently I won 200 cartridges....Is that normal for high gun? I'm sure I saw a sign saying cash prizes

I was told by the girl booking in yesterday that they normally give cash prizes in the 100 bird competitions. Well done on winning!! I don't know if they give a high gun prize as such, I think it is only class and category prizes.

I was told by the girl booking in yesterday that they normally give cash prizes in the 100 bird competitions. Well done on winning!! I don't know if they give a high gun prize as such, I think it is only class and category prizes.

That's right.  They only do cash prizes on a 100 bird shoot.  Sunday was supposed to be a 100 Bird, but they had to change it due to the bad weather, giving them issues with creating the other stands.

Latest posts

Back