Rio Target 20

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their 7.5 is 2.37, so a UK 7.1

The 8 is 2.25 so a UK 7.7 (ish)

Looks pretty significant on a pattern test..

"They are £162 from JC, so assume same or less?"

So that's about £62 per K proper price then?

Shot some Rio 20 at AC sporting targets today, in blustery wind. (Fine company of Clayclouter, GavB and SPR)

I shot some 8's on the Promatic 25 compak layout. Kills were good, but seemed hard to judge conclusively as the wind made placing the shot very unreliable. Recoil is definitely same level as Clever T2; maybe a bit snappier rather than slower burn? Only a bit..

I then tried the 25 Fitasc layout which was pretty tough, especially in the gusty conditions. For this I used the 7.5's (UK 7) and got some fantastic breaks on properly long edge on clays. I now have a confident feel about these cartridges in these terms..

Just blogging..

Listen to you! Shooting FSP and different shells.... I am *so* proud of you!

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Easy now.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

There's hope for our clever yet, wont be long and we might see him on a trap range:O

Used the Rio 8 shot at Sporting Targets Easter shoot today. Massive mixture of targets from `skeet` type to huge tower birds. On all occasions where the barrel was correctly positioned, the breaks were great.

I shall wrap this up by recommending them hugely, as great shells, in every sense, for very sensible money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Clever has suddenly found out that there really are no bad shells about nowadays. Just shells that vary considerably in felt recoil and a little in patterns printed on paper. But ultimately it is what you are content with shooting at clays.

Sadly it does seem that the parent company Maxum are hell bent on seeing the demise of Eley .

If not could anyone explain why they continually under price Eley with very similar products?

Fair enough Pete. I feel that many shells have various ticks in the boxes I need, but these have one in each box, including price and cleanliness of barrel. As you intimate, it is a personal set of boxes to be ticked. They will pretty much all break the clays.

Being new to all this I've tried a dozen or so different cartridge brands from all over the place but I' ve always found RIo 7.5 and 8s to be a reliable cartridge for any sporting target and the 24g 9s great for skeet!

Back