Riddle me ree

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not got a problem with qualifying if that's the way things are going to go. But FFS, if you are going to QUALIFY IN CLASS/CATEGORY that is where you should shoot, not jump about all over the place.

As for this thing about the weather. Was there or was there not a shoot earlier this year or last year, I think it may have been a team selection certainly not your normal registered shoot anyway, and if I remember it was at Southdown, where the weather was horrendous. People including top guns saying about the weather, making excuses, but then Mark Winser turned up, and absolutely smashed it, torn it apart. So come come on lets not blame the the weather.

I would still rather enter and take a punt on the weather, than take a punt on who turns up on the day and lose out to someone that has shot less.

Anyway what about the bogus category (senoirs) that was put in, and then promptly disappeared from the results sheet. Some of the top names wouldn't have even been at the finals day, if that had not happened. The CPSA, really need to get a grip of it.

We keep hearing about looking, being more professional, attracting sponsors, getting T.V coverage. it gets more farcical every year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I think the BO or EO should be a small event for the elite! Tin hat on! Effectively, the finals day we just had, but with qualifying rounds (single day events) from different regions that then puts together the big finals day a few weeks later. Nobody would bleat about it then, because they would have that feel of a new event and not associate their qualifying score so much. We all shoot poorly one weekend then well the next, but are able to separate the experiences.
That would make more sense...........but then........hahaha.

Tip top 

do have to agree about the seniors class don't know what that was all about 

I must admit it puzzled me and had potential to cause a big upset 

Tip top 

Agreed Pete, that could have caused all sorts grief.

Tiptop  you make a good point about class/category , seems ridiculous to be >   Junior, female, A class ,   that in theory can win high gun, ladies, class and junior prize ?

(more likely to happen with Vets,, someone like John Bidwell.)

i am a vet,, but i would hate to shoot only as a vet,,, i have even less hope than in C class !   so what is the answer?  nominate before shooting ?

Tiptop  you make a good point about class/category , seems ridiculous to be >   Junior, female, A class ,   that in theory can win high gun, ladies, class and junior prize ?

(more likely to happen with Vets,, someone like John Bidwell.)

i am a vet,, but i would hate to shoot only as a vet,,, i have even less hope than in C class !   so what is the answer?  nominate before shooting ?
Other than nomination before shooting I'm not sure what the answer is.

Jim you say "I would hate to shoot only as a vet" some of us can only shoot in one class, we have no option.

The old system system you still had this, and there were still moans and groans. However, with this new qualifying thing it seems strange,odd,wrong that this can still happen. I don't think that this class/category thing will ever go away, but when you qualify, and the governing body(CPSA) put you in class/category surely it would make sense that that is what you should shoot for in the finals, and not be able to win something that you did not qualify to shoot.

Do the CPSA publish the prize fund as a  list, of who won what ? in each class ? for all placed prize winners ?
Clynt, 

I don't think they publish a list of who won what, but there will probably be a prize fund published later for what was payed out in each class. 

If you look at the results from last year it tells you how many places they payed down to, and how much per place.

AAA...down to 4th

AA..................6th

A....................15th

B....................10th

C....................8th,

Last edited by a moderator:
Tip top 

I agreed with the 'seniors' class, let's the top three (most likely AAA/AA) scores that didn't make it through in class. It's the British open, it's the end of season big shoot. I'm A class and don't have a problem with the best three AAA's getting an extra three places each day...it adds another dimension!!! 

Other than nomination before shooting I'm not sure what the answer is.

Jim you say "I would hate to shoot only as a vet" some of us can only shoot in one class, we have no option.

The old system system you still had this, and there were still moans and groans. However, with this new qualifying thing it seems strange,odd,wrong that this can still happen. I don't think that this class/category thing will ever go away, but when you qualify, and the governing body(CPSA) put you in class/category surely it would make sense that that is what you should shoot for in the finals, and not be able to win something that you did not qualify to shoot.
obviously i have shot as a senior in a lettered class for years, until the cut-off age for vet/supervet etc , i would not like to only be classed as vet ,as there is no reflection on ability, only age, some get better with age , some a lot worse,(like me !)

and i do agree that to qualify in for example B class, then to be awarded a junior award of much lower value really sucks. in fact bloody ridiculous !

Clynt, 

I don't think they publish a list of who won what, but there will probably be a prize fund published later for what was payed out in each class. 

If you look at the results from last year it tells you how many places they payed down to, and how much per place.

AAA...down to 4th

AA..................6th

bloody hell is that it ...with 1100 entries !? lookin at that it really pays to get on in this sport then >? haha and can you have prizes from all your eligible classes, ie junior and class ? why cant a prize list be posted prior the shoot ?

haha the word "comp" means what to you then Will ?

Clynt, 

AAA...down to 4th

AA..................6th

bloody hell is that it ...with 1100 entries !? lookin at that it really pays to get on in this sport then >? haha and can you have prizes from all your eligible classes, ie junior and class ? why cant a prize list be posted prior the shoot ?

Never entered the BO but would like to in due course.  Surely the problem of class/category multiple entries could be solved by allowing multiple entries.  If you want to enter class, ladies, juniors, veterans or whatever then you need to pay all the appropriate entry fees.  You are only going to shoot one set of birds but if you want multiple entries into prize pots then you should pay a prize pot entry fee for every category/class that you enter.  This is what happens in rifle shooting.

well said robert , i,ve never shot it either

if you fancy shooting it  next year , let me know, i,ll go round with you

best start saving up now

do remember also,, that all scoring, entries to the comp, and general admin, is down to CPSA,, and not Steve Lovett, he and his fellow people set the course up, and supplied the bacon/egg rolls, and clays to shoot .he also cannot control the weather. hats off to a job well done, even if i was not there,, ,,,,,,,,,,

Latest posts

Back