Results from Churchill's 5 September

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Mclean

9uhurysy.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Awesome shooting jason, nice to finally catch up with you.. 

What are the prizes ??

Awesome shooting jason, nice to finally catch up with you.. 

What are the prizes ??
Thanks, you were doing well too! Good to meet might catch you at Westfield at the weekend.

I think they only do high gun and first in classes!

£37.50 for a pat on the back.. they can jog on if they think they're taking my money again ..  :fie:

£37.50 for a pat on the back.. they can jog on if they think they're taking my money again ..  :fie:
Well it's not a big entry shoot. They keep it very simple and honest; paying £75 HG from their own pocket and returning all comp entry monies to places in classes. What's wrong with that?

I would imagine most mid-week shoots will be low returns purely because of low entries.

Just got to get out there and enjoy the shooting :hunter: ,and be best in class if you want to win. :money:

Or you could go birds only and save a fiver. :bb:

Well it's not a big entry shoot. They keep it very simple and honest; paying £75 HG from their own pocket and returning all comp entry monies to places in classes. What's wrong with that?
post the payout .....simples...... who got what ? lets shooters make up their minds if it's a reasonable return for the entries taken ........

post the payout .....simples...... who got what ? lets shooters make up their minds if it's a reasonable return for the entries taken ........
It is definitely 'reasonable' as they simply pack back every penny of comp entry fees. They don't post it anywhere, but when you collect they will show you their prize book.
Two people who have complained about the prize money (one mentioned it to me at the shoot) I notice were 5th and 11th in their class :) The money is always poor there.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Louis you do scare me when you talk tough !!!!!!!!

I remember once my old mate was second In a class and picked up a fiver , magic !!!!!

Louis you do scare me when you talk tough !!!!!!!!

I remember once my old mate was second In a class and picked up a fiver , magic !!!!!
Steve, you know paying prize money is a tricky one as you have experimented with how best to do it over the past year or two. As long as the ground pays everything back they get in, you can't really ask for more. Not their fault if they get a ton of birds only entries. Sure, a ground can fund big prizes from their pocket if they want to, but either it becomes a loss making event and folds up, or the entry fees rise to cover it which draws universal criticism. Tough one to please everybody..

Prize money is a very difficult one we tend to subsidies our payouts out of our own takings which seems to be rewarded with a loyal following of competition shooters not birds only ( currently running between 5 and 10 percent of the entry

I for one don't agree with birds only and think its a def no no in majors , you either enter a comp or you don't but that's my opinion as a competitor as I like everyone on a level playing field as possible

Then on the flip side our windrush sat and thurs shoots we just pay out £20 first in class I think but have dropped the entry fee to £30 !!! Which around here is a lot cheaper than practise grounds and don't offer birds only

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
I just thought the £37.50 for 10 stands of 10 with not much going on, mid week, was a bit excessive thats all.. Money is not an issue for me, would of just liked to see results with prizes as then everyone can see who won what etc my bad thinking it was just a certificate ... My 2pence thats all.. 

Where else down there does 100 refereed competition practice for £37.50 mid week?

Where else down there does 100 refereed competition practice for £37.50 mid week?
Actually it's only £32.50

Oh but that's birds only and if you do that it causes the prize pot to decrease. D'oh! But as you say, you can't practice decent targets for that money anywhere near that part of the world mid-week for sure.

Also, in my opinion the  facilities are second to none, well worth the entry fee.   

Latest posts

Back