Remington 3200 Trap

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roughshooter

I recently bought a mint Remington 3200 trap gun, monte carlo stock and 30" barrels with original full chokes.

The intention of buying it was to sporterize it but when I picked it up it is is such good condition that I think it would be seriously devalued if I open up the chokes and alter the stock. 

The gun was made in 1974 and has had all the factory modifications.

Any thoughts on whether this poor mans Kreighoff has a value as a trap gun?

post-1619-0-08574600-1394569220.jpg

post-1619-0-77193400-1394569286.jpg

Regards

Graham

Attachments

• IMAG0524 (1).jpg
    IMAG0524 (1).jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0525 (1).jpg
    IMAG0525 (1).jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 0
Its a classic, please don't chop it up.

My mate shoots one of those does not have the monte carlo though nice gun.

A very nice gun. Without the Remington 32, Krieghoff would not be what they are today.

Leave it as it is,chopping it about will ony ...k it up and devalue it.

The concensus from people who saw it at the sporting shoot was to leave it alone but it shoots real different to my sporter (although I did use it on skeet and managed a 20!) 

I think I may have to sell it and replace it with another sporter :( May try to change it for something different in 16g or 28g :)

The concensus from people who saw it at the sporting shoot was to leave it alone but it shoots real different to my sporter (although I did use it on skeet and managed a 20!) 

I think I may have to sell it and replace it with another sporter :( May try to change it for something different in 16g or 28g :)
Hi,

When you say it shoots real different do you mean the recoil cycle or it's POI ? To me that stock doesn't look particularly high so no reason why you or someone else wouldn't be able to shoot Sporting or as you proved, Skeet with it. I wouldn't touch the woodwork but if you do keep it then easing the chokes out to 1/2 & 3/4 won't stop people from buying it.

The difference is my head stays up all the time whereas with my other guns I push my head down.

If I only shot clays then it would not be a problem but I shoot other things with different guns as well.

What is the consensus on Value?

I always wonder why people just don't buy the gun that they WANT instead of going thru all the machinations and mods to MAKE the gun that they think they want that isn't as good as the one they could've just bought to start with .

No matter that it has the "factory fixes", it will develop trigger problems forever - no matter who owns it or what  is done to fix it.  It's a 3200 and That's just the way it is.

Don't mess with it and make it so you lose $ on it.  Just flip it and move on, thankful it didn't eat you.  Let some other proud fool rejoice in his sweet un-modded 3200.

Seriously.

Plenty of "sporterised" trap guns out there already (many would have been better being left alone, not like there aren't lots of sporters!) a few trap gun collectors too... How much did you pay for it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure I should answer that in case I offer it for sale on here!!!!! :)

I paid £950 for it thinking it would be worth a tad more than that as there are none for sale in the UK.

In the states they seem to be selling for $1300 to $3000 but there is probably more of a market there for them

Not sure I should answer that in case I offer it for sale on here!!!!! :)

I paid £950 for it thinking it would be worth a tad more than that as there are none for sale in the UK.

In the states they seem to be selling for $1300 to $3000 but there is probably more of a market there for them
It's worth £1500 to the right buyer.

It's worth £1500 to the right buyer.
Yes it could well be Hammy, but NOT if he chops it about in any way at all. It's a real classic trap gun and in some ways I wish they were still made, a great gun! They have a unique sound when you open them after firing or close them, I can't describe it, but no other gun sounds like it.

Well I will leave it as it is then.

I guess I knew that before I asked the question.  Up for grabs if anyone wants it - would trade a sporter or something different in smaller gauge

Looks superb. What is it like to shoot? Is it like a krieghoff?

Back