Remington 1100

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roughshooter

Due to increasing age and worsening health 
2639.png
 I have gone back to a Remington 1100 
whilst the gun is perfect I do realise that spares are getting harder to find nowadays so would like to stock up on bits and pieces such as rings, tuning fork, action bars etc for as and when it does break! 
Back in the day there were big boxes of spares available and in fact I had loads myself and I am sure there is still plenty knocking around in the back of the garage somewhere…..
Regards
Graham

Due to increasing age and worsening health   I have gone back to a Remington 1100 
whilst the gun is perfect I do realise that spares are getting harder to find nowadays so would like to stock up on bits and pieces such as rings, tuning fork, action bars etc for as and when it does break! 
Back in the day there were big boxes of spares available and in fact I had loads myself and I am sure there is still plenty knocking around in the back of the garage somewhere…..
Regards
Graham
Why not look out for a scrap 1100  ? I bought a scrap Beretta 300 semi auto that had a few bits missing from the trigger assembly and a cracked bolt. I paid £100 for it, sold as 'Parts Only' but put onto my Certificate as sold for parts.  I saw the potential of my having several usable spares. However, the gun had a later 303 barrel and the woodwork was free from any serious cracks or dents. Then came the lockdown  !   I sourced some of the parts off wanted ads in various Forums and bought the missing trigger assembly bits, along with 2 new springs (bolt and magazine) from Italy. I completely stripped, cleaned and rebuilt the gun during the lockdown period. The parts cost me £60 in total. I then added it to my Certificate as a working gun and notified the Firearms Dept. to that effect.  So, the gun is now a fully functioning semi auto, worth around £250, the wood was stripped and an oil finish applied and it would make an excellent pigeon or Marsh gun. It is also a back up to my mint condition Beretta 303, should I need it.  Just a different approach to the 'spares' problem.

Latest posts

Back