Registered shoots

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dpark516

Sorry for the dumb question but having taken part in my first 'registered shoot' at the Berreta Worlds last weekend and absolutely loved the experience I've decided it is time to move on from the straw balers to registered shoots.

Quick question, do the registered shoots all follow the same format as the Berreta Worlds i.e. you get allocated to a squad and starting stand etc. or is it you turn up, pick up a card and go round the stands. Are there refs to do the scoring or do you tend to score your own?

Thanks

Some grounds squad their registered sporting (Sporting targets and Northampton spring to mind) but others are as you say, get your card and shoot them in whichever order you wish. You will have a ref to take you round when squadded or refs on each stand if not squadded :)

Most registered shoots are not squadded and you never score your own or I'd have shot a dozen straights by now.

Apox21, are you a CPSA member? If so as above just find a local shoot, rock up during the published entry times, pay your monies, take your card and enjoy. And don't forget (done it myself) to put the card in at the end of your round.

If not yet a CPSA member you need to sort that before you enjoy all the benefits of shooting registered events

Thanks for the replies, definitely going to be popping along to some registered shoots soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Apox21, are you a CPSA member? If so as above just find a local shoot, rock up during the published entry times, pay your monies, take your card and enjoy. And don't forget (done it myself) to put the card in at the end of your round.
If not yet a CPSA member you need to sort that before you enjoy all the benefits of shooting registered events
Sorry but can you explain what the benefits of shooting registered events are?

In the general section there is a current thread beginning " not CPSA " there's a few pointers in there which should answer above

Who let pigeon watch in..??

Thought the camo police were on the door......!!

:wink:

So nice to get constructive comments of some members of this forum
But still don't see the benefits of shooting registered events .
Why pay cpsa fees when you can shoot the same targets without joining
Even if you take the high gun cash its hardly life changing money is it.

Well.. You might want to get your scores captured, classified and compete for county, regional or national honours... The cpsa is the only road to that....
Sent from my Windows Phone 8 using Board Express/Tapatalk

what do you mean by cpsa fees ?????/

the only people who pay cpsa fees are the ground operators as a membership each year , the entry fee is nothing to do with cpsa on normal reg shoots 

steve

To join or not is the choice of the individual after considering all the " benefits" and opportunities available to the member, choice is yours no ones strong arming anyone here

Quality of the shoot, targets and setting clubhouse etc, is a lot better than straw balers. Plus you can shoot against the best in whatever discipline. Several choices to shoot each weekend........ Insured safe environment .......Does that help camo?

Last edited:
OK and I can do all that without being a paid up member of the CPSA so I guess my initial
Question should have been whats the benefits of joining rather than whats the benefits of shooting their registered events
But that's another thread that has been covered more than once.

OK and I can do all that without being a paid up member of the CPSA so I guess my initial

Question should have been whats the benefits of joining rather than whats the benefits of shooting their registered events

But that's another thread that has been covered more than once.
I read that as you are saying you asked a question already knowing the answer?

Yeap me tooooo. I was just flushing him out.

Now........where have I put my tin hat..?????

Latest posts

Back