Recommend me some gaiters

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squimp

Hi,

My other half has recently bought some hiking boots to wear for beating -  she needs more ankle support than her previous neoprene boots. She now needs some decent gaiters to go with them. They have to cope with rough terrain (mid Wales).

There is a bewildering selection out there - can anybody make any sensible suggestions on a decent quality, hard wearing and waterproof set of gaiters that will likely fit a woman ?

Some seem to be 'one size' and others made specifically for women.......some are £30, some are close to £100.......

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.   

Thanks in advance.

If ankle support is the issue, just a thought. Many boots are very soft and floppy, particularly Le Chameau. Hunter balmorals are far more rigid.

Wellingtons ! Look no further than Aigle.

Gaiters for shooting / beating ! Look no further than Aldi when they are in stock. Or Milletts Shrewsbury.

Any outdoor shop such as go outdoor or millet etc gaiters are much of a muchness imo

Look on line for Duckdri products tough and hard wearing waterproof and sizes to fit all

I prefer gaiters to wellingtons because of an old ankle injury.  My daughter got me a pair of Jack Pyke gaiters for Christmas and they were rubbish.  She sent them back and got me a pair of barbour wax oiled ones, they are the absolute dogs danglies bits, tough as hell and well made and as always you get what you pay for! (Most of the time). . 

Back