Recoil

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macc Ladd

Has anybody suffered recoil in the left shoulder even though they shoot off the right? Not sure if mine is from that or from all the excersise I used to do

I don't know much about shooting being a newbie, but i'm pretty sure you must be doing something wrong to have that happen!!

That's what makes me think its got nothing to do with the shooting! Even though it has a similarity in feeling/aching

You shouldnt be gripping the forend tight enough for it to recoil down your left arm, I am assuming you are a newish shooter? Did you shoot a lot more shells than you normally do when this occurred?

Only thing I can think is because shooting is quite a unique action, your left shoulder is maybe aching from the workout to different muscles rather than the recoil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody suffered recoil in the left shoulder even though they shoot off the right? Not sure if mine is from that or from all the excersise I used to do
any previous traumainjury to your left shoulder? What sort of pain do you suffer - dull ache or sharp pain?

good to see you back on here, haven't seen you since your post saying that you were going to watch " my england " play Wales in Cardiff. Perhaps your injury was the result of your fellow countrymen crying on your shoulder after that match. :D

A friend of mine had the exact same problem by the sound of it. It turned out that it was nothing to do with recoil, it was to do with how he held his left arm, basically his left elbow was held very high, this caused muscle strain in his shoulder. He went to see a coach who spotted the problem  immediately, once his left hand hold was sorted he never suffered from the problem again.

It's a dull ache that has only come on in the last couple of years, as I have only been back shooting about 5 years, I thought maybe???? It most probably is down to wear and tear as I have held quite an active sports life, rugby, footy, golf

It's a dull ache that has only come on in the last couple of years, as I have only been back shooting about 5 years, I thought maybe???? It most probably is down to wear and tear as I have held quite an active sports life, rugby, footy, golf
will message you later to find out a bit more if that is ok?

You shouldnt be gripping the forend tight enough for it to recoil down your left arm, I am assuming you are a newish shooter? Did you shoot a lot more shells than you normally do when this occurred?

Only thing I can think is because shooting is quite a unique action, your left shoulder is maybe aching from the workout to different muscles rather than the recoil.

Not new!! been shooting serious for the last 4/5 years, it is most probably down to previous sporting escapades. Just a dull ache, similar to recoil probs. well it sounds as if I was barking up the wrong tree

A friend of mine had the exact same problem by the sound of it. It turned out that it was nothing to do with recoil, it was to do with how he held his left arm, basically his left elbow was held very high, this caused muscle strain in his shoulder. He went to see a coach who spotted the problem immediately, once his left hand hold was sorted he never suffered from the problem again.

Latest posts

Back