RBSS handicap classic

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Lovatt

well what a thoroughly great day out that was , the first two out on the course this morning , the comp is made up of six ten bird stands which are steady and shootable , with me shooting 59 x 60 on these and theres a 20 bird compak style layout again very interesting , managed a 15 x 20 on here which was a bit sloppy on my part and then onto the grouse flush for a 20 and shot a dread ful 12x 20 , so 86 with my handicap of 3 !!!

the second go i shot a 87 plus 3 so bit better , i think a 94 or 95 will be hit but as i say very enjoyable .

The spirit , to win a rolls royce is a 20 bird compak basis layout again very shootable clays with me hitting 19 x 20 on first go , which gives me a score for this comp of 108.6 , 

gary Davis was going around as we left be very interested to hear his views , but i will defo be back 

Wwll done RBSS team on another great competition 

steve

Totally agree Steve, brilliant targets and well shot especially the 6 ten bird stands.

The grouse was a bit harder than previously, I thought. The ones to the right seemed faster and lower, or was it me?

The 20 bird compak was good with no gimme targets at all, after saying that you have 3 singles on each of the four pegs and full use.

My score…. Lets not talk about it, suffice to say I had a bad day but enjoyed it all the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the honour of shooting with Steve today. Shot like a complete novice but following him saved me an absolute disaster particularly on the overhead sim pair. Watching him on the tower with the left to right was awe inspiring. I think even he would admit to dropping at least 6 shots so a 94/95 is a real possibility.

The RBSS scoreboard is a bit unsorted at present, but they will be sorting it out (before anybody asks..).

Well shot Ed Solomons today. 93 plus 2 handicap. Thursday for me..

Sorry, to clarify, that's not me hitting 93 on Thursday. Unlikely even with my handicap included.. Actually just realised what my handicap will be and I would be chuffed to f if the grand total is even close to 93!

Nice round as usual. Shot bits well and bits scrapilly. Should have 3 more on the board if I can get my arse in gear!

Good fun!

Well shot Ed Solomons today. 93 plus 2 handicap. Thursday for me..

Sorry, to clarify, that's not me hitting 93 on Thursday. Unlikely even with my handicap included.. Actually just realised what my handicap will be and I would be chuffed to f if the grand total is even close to 93!
Now Now Will as modest as always! perhaps some Hull superfast may help or even dare i say it some rather more expensive shells. Would love to try this one were i not shooting so poorly. 

Now Now Will as modest as always! perhaps some Hull superfast may help or even dare i say it some rather more expensive shells. Would love to try this one were i not shooting so poorly.
Very up and down at the moment.. May need a good few goes at this! :) Shame it's so far for you Shaun.

Tinker bell said:
I will join you again Will if you are up for it....and I will buy lunch this time :laugh:

I take it we will have 2 goes???
Great! Will tie up after tomorrow's debacle / attempt. :)

Had a go today. Great course, perhaps tougher than previous ones a touch. Really cocked up in 3 places, the stand 2 sequence, the sim ducks and the big driven; at least one of which I'm confident of curing next time.

Hit 17 in the grouse butt, (which I think was 18) which helped but still only 78 + 6 handicap.

Keen to return!

Had another go today, with Banger. Beautiful day, very enjoyable but as I feared, I cocked up stands I had succeeded on previously, so hitting 5 more where I had failed before was ruined by 7 away on the other stuff. FFS. It was a bit tricky in a cross wind today.

16 in the grouse and 16 on the Spirit sequence seemed reasonable for me in the wind. Just need to piece the main course together now..

Another go today! Frustration city. 18/20 on stand 2 sequence, which ain't easy, so happy there. Mixed bag elsewhere including one daft stand where I missed the last two pairs having changed my plan. Durr.. Equalled my best attempt but I know there is a lot more there if I can get tidy.

18/20 is very good going and 16 on the grouse too . I had trouble with the ducks on first go round but I think I've sussed that one . Which is your bogey stand Will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

18/20 is very good going and 16 on the grouse too . I had trouble with the ducks on first go round but I think I've sussed that one . Which is your bogey stand Will

Hit 5 of first six ducks, but felt it was hard to do so turned to take as crossers and missed last 4!!!! Hit six on the big driven stand and today cocked up grouse with 14. Missed all the covey of bats!

I shot them as crossers too after I struggled as overheads . I wonder what the cutoff score will be for the final . I'll have another go when it warms up a bit .

What fooled me, when taken as crossers, was how much lead they needed. (Shot a pair at the end and pushed out for good kills). They are close, but just so fast.

Back