Random question

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beechin

Looking at buying my first shotgun in the next few weeks when my license comes through. My question is can you try a haggle a little bit on the price of the gun in shops and private sales or is it a no no to do. I know is a strange question but I used to race motorbikes and we used to do it all the time on second hand parts.

Definitely haggle. At least try and get a gunslip and/ or cleaning kit in as part of a deal. And of course, buy from somebody who can check that it about fits you..

welcome to the forum .  unlike Tesco`s ,yes, you can haggle, for second-hand  especially !     even more so privately I think.

even a dealer will be worth asking for freeby stuff on a new gun ,, cleaning kit perhaps? you can only ask !.

and what Will said,,he beat me !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a reply almost word for word but you beat me to it Will!  When I pressed post, mine disappeared in a dropped connection!

What Will said. 

Be aware that there's not a huge profit on Guns though. As you're in Leicestershire give Simon Hadfield a call @ Hadfield Guns. 

Cheers for the replays guys iv seen a few guys in a shop called hadfeild guns based in Loughborough leicestershire. Has anyone ever dealt with them. Might pop in and have a look at the weekend

What Will said. 

Be aware that there's not a huge profit on Guns though. As you're in Leicestershire give Simon Hadfield a call @ Hadfield Guns.
Cheers for the advise. I'm not really in it for the profit if its not worth me selling ill just keep it a buy another when I can. Planning on having a few guns anyway

Cheers for the replays guys iv seen a few guys in a shop called hadfeild guns based in Loughborough leicestershire. Has anyone ever dealt with them. Might pop in and have a look at the weekend
Simon Hadfield is a good guy... 

Cheers for the advise. I'm not really in it for the profit if its not worth me selling ill just keep it a buy another when I can. Planning on having a few guns anyway
No, he meant that on new guns, there isn't much profit to be made, so discounts will be small if any. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Been and seen the guys at hadfield guns today spent about two hours there speaking to them about which shotgun to buy for my first tried out a few mounted up and the one I came to like the most for my budget was a franchi alicione one 12g 30" barrels and a 14 3/4" stock what do people think of them.

Seen that will. looked at a browning today that was in my price range and I didn't like It felt to over it cast wasn't right and wasn't adjustable. I'm quiet a wide bloke and I need a far bit of cast.

Fair enough, but there must be a favoured brand name gun with that cast around? Or the gun dealer could heat adjust the stock for you perhaps? Sounds like you may be looking for an adjustable comb gun, especially as all new shooters will develop how they stand and connect with the gun over time. It is also possible to have an adjustable comb fitted to a gun, for a cost..

I would be looking for a adjustable comb gun but there more then I'm looking to spend really only wanna spend a max of 750.

Sure. Just bear in mind any changing later will cost. £900 that holds its value may feel painful now, but better than £600 that's worth £350 in a years time. Never mind the fact that the £900 gun is almost certainly going to be a better tool to use.

Used guns take some finding of course. Is there another shop you can visit?

There is one on the other side of town but already looked and they don't have anything. Iv been looking on gun trader for a shotgun and I'm willing to travel up to about 2 and a half hours but all the ones I'm looking at are fixed chokes or the stocks are to small.

Latest posts

Back