Quiet/training ground

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markvulture

Not sure where to post here, but here goes! I am starting clay shooting after not a lot over the years, but lots of target shooting! My girlfriend has hardly ever shot at all but has her own gun and we shoot together! We use dartford clay club and jj’s on weekdays, especially dartford coz it’s so quiet and she feels less self conscious and can shoot the same birds consistently. However we need to be shooting more at weekends! Any recommendations not too far from dartford, maybe even somewhere that has a couple of training type stands we can use? 

Not sure where to post here, but here goes! I am starting clay shooting after not a lot over the years, but lots of target shooting! My girlfriend has hardly ever shot at all but has her own gun and we shoot together! We use dartford clay club and jj’s on weekdays, especially dartford coz it’s so quiet and she feels less self conscious and can shoot the same birds consistently. However we need to be shooting more at weekends! Any recommendations not too far from dartford, maybe even somewhere that has a couple of training type stands we can use? 
It’s not that close but Southdown is a great ground, great for both competition shooters and those that just want to practise as well.  On Saturdays and non comp Sunday’s it shouldn’t get so busy that she would feel self conscious and you’ll get easier practise stands and more challenging ones.  Also Skeet and DTL available.good clubhouse and food also.  I know it’s hard to believe but please let her know that it is extremely rare for shooters to judge beginners and most shooters are very encouraging of those getting to grips.  

Greenfields at Canterbury is also good, you can pick the stands you want to practice on and shoot as many as you want. 

Weekdays, West Kent isn't too far from you (near Paddock Wood).  Willow Farm in Tenterden wouldn't be too bad for you to get to either.

Latest posts

Back