Quick Sportrap question

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perazman

Evening All,

Post lockdown I'm planning on trying Sportrap again after a break of many years.

I'm familar with the concept but one thing I can't find a definite answer on.

Report pairs. On the menu board are they written in the order in which they can/should be shot? Is there a rule or convention amongst grounds?

PM.

Evening All,

Post lockdown I'm planning on trying Sportrap again after a break of many years.

I'm familar with the concept but one thing I can't find a definite answer on.

Report pairs. On the menu board are they written in the order in which they can/should be shot? Is there a rule or convention amongst grounds?

PM.
Report pairs are of course launched as written! A o/r B means B isn’t sent until you’ve shot at A, for example.

If you mean the sim pairs then it’s anyway round you like and that is one of the biggest things in STR, deciding this before you shoot them..

Last edited by a moderator:
D'oh! Sorry, I meant sim pairs.

That seems unfair on the first person to shoot them.

I can see me being tied in knots fairly quickly!

Thanks for the quick reply Will.

PM.

D'oh! Sorry, I meant sim pairs.

That seems unfair on the first person to shoot them.

I can see me being tied in knots fairly quickly!

Thanks for the quick reply Will.

PM.
The big thing to pay attention to is the person shooting after you (to your right, unless you are in cage 5). As soon as you have shot your sim pair, pay attention to the next shooter and decide which way round you fancy taking them. I often forget to do this.. 

Last edited by a moderator:
uummmm, pay attention to the person shooting  AFTER you ?  well thats a new method...😵

uummmm, pay attention to the person shooting  AFTER you ?  well thats a new method...😵
But makes perfect sense, as you will be shooting their station next. And although looking from a different perspective it gives you the opertunity to see what you’ll be shooting at next

Before shooting the round you should be shown the individual birds but whether you remember them is something else.

Vic.

Latest posts

Back