Quick question for the ladies

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike L

I would like to move my wife from a 20g to a 12g for clays, she needs around a 13.5 inch LOP, now, did you girls who use this size LOP try one out at a shop this length already or did you have to just guess with a bigger gun and then get it trimmed?

regards

mike

Go somewhere like EJ Churchill, a ground that does lessons, they should have a gun like this to try.

Bought my first gun at Chris Potters at Tunbridge Wells.  Dionne there assisted in the choice and recommended what the stock length should be shortened to and they arranged for it.  Mine is also 13.5 LOP.

Edit to add : Don't know where you are but she'd be more than welcome to give my DT10 a try.  Depending on when I also know people with a 682 Gold E and a 686 Evo with the same LOP that would probably let her give them a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was bought for me (Silver Pigeon SP1) as a surprise from Coleys new so the stock was standard size and I was taken to be measured etc and it was cut down - slightly smaller than 13.5.

i may be wrong but..... don't alot of female shooters tend to have the comb raised a little because they tend to be longer from shoulder pocket to cheek than men, plus have the toe rounded because it tends to dig in the chest for obvious reasons?

plus have the toe rounded because it tends to dig in the chest for obvious reasons
IMG_20160214_173420399.jpg.html

http://s81.photobucket.com/user/ehb102/media/Browning 425/IMG_20160214_173420399.jpg.html

Pine is a temporary correction of the work done by the gunsmith who thinks that pointy toes on stocks are too much for women to cope with.

i may be wrong but..... don't alot of female shooters tend to have the comb raised a little because they tend to be longer from shoulder pocket to cheek than men, plus have the toe rounded because it tends to dig in the chest for obvious reasons?
Drop at comb varies, same as for blokes.  If you've got a traditional sloping comb, shortening the stock kind of raises the comb as the cheek is further forward on it.  That's fine for me and actually Mr Solomons suggested that maybe it was a little high, although after seeing me shoot he said it was fine as I compensate for seeing a lot of rib.  My sister-in-law, however, had to have her stock raised with an insert and it's now a monte carlo, otherwise she struggles to see over the action.

As for the toe, getting rid of the point helped me.  I took the point off the recoil pads on both my guns on the Old Man's belt sander.  Did the job.

Just had adjustable stock work to be able to raise mine and I too have a bit off the toe of my kick ease pad.

Thanks for the info ladies.

@Bebo we are in Brighton and shoot regularly at Southdown if you are down this way, thank you for your offer.

regards

mike

I'm way out east over near Battle, don't get to Southdown that often.  I'm at Willow Farm in Tenterden most Saturdays and go to West Kent now and again if you ever get over that way.  Otherwise I'll let you know when I'm next heading towards Southdown.

I'm way out east over near Battle, don't get to Southdown that often.  I'm at Willow Farm in Tenterden most Saturdays and go to West Kent now and again if you ever get over that way.  Otherwise I'll let you know when I'm next heading towards Southdown.
Or Mike can come to Stonestile!

Latest posts

Back