pushing through.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may also be worth asking yourself after each shot " What did I see , was it the clay breaking or the end of the barrel?". Beginners often focus on the barrel rather than the clay as they pull the trigger . This does tend to make you slow down or stop the gun, as your eye comes off the target and goes to the barrel. A good coach should be able to help. There is no instant fix. Different things work for different people.

There were a couple of bloody tough ones!  I only managed a 49 which is a bit under what I would expect.  I think I was still placing 3rd in B before I left...doubt I will take it though.

I did see a 692 in the rack...I guess that was yours ;)

Along with what the others have said, staying in the gun etc all good; If you are shooting gun up, that won't help an underdeveloped swing.  Try dropping the gun out of your shoulder, and gun movement will be the result.
I enjoyed it quite a lot the varying was good! 

The 692 was possibly mine I was in a group of 5 or so tall lanky streak of piss (well used to be! carrying a few lbs these days) 

I tend to switch between the 2 Gun up and gun down there is an issue that I have to mount it high on my shoulder so awkward to gun down and mount as i like it as I only use probably 1.5-2" of contact on the butt, this will change when I get it fitted by Tim Greenwood.

I enjoyed it quite a lot the varying was good! 

The 692 was possibly mine I was in a group of 5 or so tall lanky streak of piss (well used to be! carrying a few lbs these days) 

I tend to switch between the 2 Gun up and gun down there is an issue that I have to mount it high on my shoulder so awkward to gun down and mount as i like it as I only use probably 1.5-2" of contact on the butt, this will change when I get it fitted by Tim Greenwood.

If you are seeing Tim, get yourself one of the adjustable Recoil Systems green pads.  Otherwise, Tim will try and fit a heavy ass, metal Jones Adjuster...which is now generally accepted as a bad idea.

http://www.recoilsystems.com/xpad/default.asp

What is the "issue" may I ask?  Is it one of specific mobility or a long neck or combination of those things?

Would raising the comb help?  You do know that the gun should come to the cheek first, then slide back to the shoulder?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for the advice, Not really a major issue but I'm tall so I suppose my neck is possibly long. I'll have a play around on sat and see what's comfortable.

Back