Proposed NSSA charity shoot

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxney

With the use of a 2nd range just weeks away at Oxney Skeet Targets, we are looking to put on a major sponsored charity NSSA shoot to include all the gauges and doubles (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) sometime in August. Could anyone help with choosing a weekend that doesn't clash with anything major (skeet) at national or county level.

It will be a children's charity and we will be asking for sponsors and donations. The idea is that half the money raised will go to the chosen charity and the other half will go to added money to the shooters.

Once we have decided on the weekend, I will be asking for those that want to, to pledge money £5 upwards, and maybe help from cartridge / shooting supply company's for their support.

Any ideas?

Fantastic - another "all gauge" 500 target shoot, would definitely be interested in shooting this.

Right i do know that the.......

British Open Skeet is on the 16th-18th August - Southern Counties

ESK Home International is on the 23rd / 24th August - Bisley

NSSA European Open is on the 30th/31st August & 1st September - Nottingham

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that reply. Does anyone know if Friday, Saturday and Sunday 8/9/10 August would work Please? If not, how does late July look?

Thanks for that reply. Does anyone know if Friday, Saturday and Sunday 8/9/10 August would work Please? If not, how does late July look?
The weekend of Fri, Sat & Sunday 19, 20, 21st July is completely free of all major skeet shoots, this is the weekend after the English Doubles at Dartford.

Ray - last round of the Gloucester 300 is on the 21st July.

Having looked around cannot see any major shoots on the 8th / 9th /10th August that would clash but not checked all the county skeet championships.

Last edited by a moderator:
19/20/21 July won't work my end, have 2 birthday parties to attend, one mine so can't get away from that and one of my grandsons one on Sat and one on Sun.

You'd be better off avoiding the majors then picking a date and telling everyone when it is. It's almost impossible to find a weekend at this time of year that doesn't cause a clash sonewhere, particularly as some potential entrants have commitments shooting other disciplines too.

Well i have to say the 8th/9th/10th suits me perfectly.......

off work 2 weeks prior to that on a factory shutdown and not back at work on the Monday till 2pm so no holiday used from work and no panic to get back.

When you announce the dates / entries etc Richard - Can you post details of local B&B's / Hotels etc please as this will be a stop over job for me with your ground being 3hrs+ drive each way for me?

Latest posts

Back