Prize Fund, how long??

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hampster,  one of the best way of getting a heart attack is run a shooting Ground or two!!
I admit it looks like very hard work but most of us dream of having the money to buy a ground, all told it prolly beats working in retail having to talk to bellends all day 😂🤣 at least you get to spend time outside and shoot for free. 

As the said ground are actually throwing money into "class pot" as well as the HG money, I think they have more of a shout as to how long they keep hold of the cash.

Wouldn't it be nice to see other grounds putting cash into the "class pot" as well as HG. :hyper:

"How is it fair that a ground has to take payment by plastic but then pay out cash?"

many businesses pay more to pay in cash and you have to spend time to bank it also a cost so paying it out would save that....thats how its fair!

They could pay by cheque but business cheques cost money so they save there as well by paying out cash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Making a profit costs money Fair, that something to dream of.

Do you realise that if cash is paid into the grounds bank account either by debit card/cheque or cash then 20% VAT is paid on that amount. So if the £150 high gun money comes out of the bank then £30 has been paid to the tax man, no choice, no option. You can see why grounds hang on to the brown envelopes and pay face to face or to friends. How long they hang on to them is where this all started but if I had £150 waiting for me in an envelope I'm sure I would be at the next shoot to collect it. ( Dreaming again, I know)

Well said Ian! Too many NUMPTIES think running a ground is a licence to print money? How many of them work most sundays?

Well said Ian! Too many NUMPTIES think running a ground is a licence to print money? How many of them work most sundays?
And how many ground owners work 5 days a week to earn money to spend on a hobby that then tries NOT to offer value for money and keep telling the CUSTOMER that we should be greatful that they exist

Most of us work 5 days, there are at least a dozen I know of who make a decent living (not jealous and good luck to them) by doing 5-8 days a month. 

Most of us work 5 days, there are at least a dozen I know of who make a decent living (not jealous and good luck to them) by doing 5-8 days a month. 
I expect you think the only days they work are actual shoot days - how little you know is staggering!

It might be expedient to stick to the topic rather than dwell on the financial make up of the shoots we attend. Some pots are better left unstirred.
OK back on topic, what right does the ground have to withhold your money? You won it in a competition and it now belongs to you, due to whatever reason you’re not there to collect it on the day at the time the ground pays out. It’s still your money and I fall to see how they can not pay up regardless of time ? 

OK back on topic, what right does the ground have to withhold your money? You won it in a competition and it now belongs to you, due to whatever reason you’re not there to collect it on the day at the time the ground pays out. It’s still your money and I fall to see how they can not pay up regardless of time ? 
Admittedly 3 months is a bit short, and the ground should clearly display the rules that they play and pay by. 

But if you play the Lotto same thing applies, you enter a competition you win, but if you can't be arsed to collect your winnings, no matter how big or small, you lose it after 180 days.

Admittedly 3 months is a bit short, and the ground should clearly display the rules that they play and pay by. 

But if you play the Lotto same thing applies, you enter a competition you win, but if you can't be arsed to collect your winnings, no matter how big or small, you lose it after 180 days.
Agree with you on that but if you phone Lotto they send you your money, from what I understand some clay grounds can’t be bothered to do that they only pay out if you turn up in person 

I expect you think the only days they work are actual shoot days - how little you know is staggering!
No it's how arrogant you are and how stupid you think the rest of us are that is staggering. Are you SERIOUSLY trying to tell me that the guy who puts on 4-8 shoots a MONTH works as hard as one who goes to work 5 days a week ? 

And lets not even mention the fact running a clay shoot (much like being a keeper on a moor etc) is a labour of love, people primarily get involved in it because they ENJOY it, can't recall the last time I bumped into a plumber who said he dreamed of shovelling sh*t out of a blocked waste since he were a  young lad. 

You obviously have no knowledge about the operation of a shooting ground. Stick to counting pellets in a cartridge.

😂  Literally not once have I counted pellets in a cartridge. 

This is soooooo you by the way, rarely post something positive but when you do it's always smarmy and obnoxious. 

I would put my knowledge of business matters (and shooting in general) against yours in a heart beat. 

Its simple !!!.invest £100k minimum in traps, etc & use them 28 days a year, oh, in a weather dependent industry....obviously a really easy business strategy ......

Its simple !!!.invest £100k minimum in traps, etc & use them 28 days a year, oh, in a weather dependent industry....obviously a really easy business strategy ......
I don't recall saying it was an easy or inexpensive business to get started. There are plenty of people who have bought 2nd hand traps and started off on a fraction of that. ALL businesses need capital investment and they're ALL hard to run. 

😂  Literally not once have I counted pellets in a cartridge. 

This is soooooo you by the way, rarely post something positive but when you do it's always smarmy and obnoxious. 

I would put my knowledge of business matters (and shooting in general) against yours in a heart beat. 
Get yourself a shooting ground then come back and tell us all about it.

Hammy, how long does it take to set a 100 bird sporting course with 24 traps over 12 stands, allowing for 150/200 entries plus allowing for a few spare traps in certain placesincase needed ??... plus charging batteries, putting remote/cables out & all the other behind the scenes efforts that go into staging a reg event, in your professional opinion !!

Latest posts

Back