possible barrel bulge?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredder

I have a browning gti ultra s and while shooting some skeet today I noticed both barrels seem bulged/flaired slightly at pretty much where the bottom of the chokes are (invector plus).

I don't know if I have noticed now because the sun was directly on the barrel and I just happened to look down the side of the barrel for some reason and it's just like that and I have never noticed. I suppose my question is has anyone else noticed this or have I been really unlucky and got bulges in both barrels at the same time.

I will try and get a pic in a bit and post it.

You could be looking at the 'flare' at the muzzles on your gun. They are designed to allow the multi chokes to fit into the barrel without leaving any internal lip. Bottom Line is though, if you are at all unsure, DO NOT USE THE GUN. Get it checked out by a suitably qualified Gunsmith or similar.

You have not been shooting steel have you?

:wink:

No steel at all since i have had the gun. I think as westley said it is the flare at the muzzle and I have never noticed before. I am popping to the gun shop tomorrow just to get it checked anyway to be 100$% sure.

It's probably the flare at the muzzle but as Westley says, if it is a bulge do not use the gun. Apart from the risk of a pressure build up that may damage your barrels and you continued use makes any repair much more difficult.

It's probably the flare at the muzzle but as Westley says, if it is a bulge do not use the gun. Apart from the risk of a pressure build up that may damage your barrels and you continued use makes any repair much more difficult.
+1

All is good it's perfectly normal to be flared where the chokes fit so I am told.

If it wasn't, a 4lbs. lump hammer should assist with choke change ! 

P.S.    You are not the first and certainly will not be the last to get caught with that one, enjoy your shooting now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back