Porting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Les gun fit great now. Recoil much reduced and muzzle flip. Just need to see how much noise produced from being a next door shooter as don't want to be the the neighbour from hell. !?!??
Glad the stock is sorted Rob. I'm sure your brother will soon let you know if you're the neighbour from hell. Are they a factory job or aftermarket?

Les it would be a aftermarket job for me. Interesting to hear that some shooters don't notice the noise difference but that would probably have something to do with the size of the porting holes, angle and quantity. Rules do state that they are not to go further than 20cm form end of barrel for ISSF disciplines.

Les gun fit great now. Recoil much reduced and muzzle flip. Just need to see how much noise produced from being a next door shooter as don't want to be the the neighbour from hell. !?!??
You'll be the neighbour from hell to a left hander if you're shooting before them. Still it could be worse if it was a semi auto.....

Doh......I keep saying.....get it done properly by Teague.....and there is no problem...noise or anything....it goes up...not side.

Les it would be a aftermarket job for me. Interesting to hear that some shooters don't notice the noise difference but that would probably have something to do with the size of the porting holes, angle and quantity. Rules do state that they are not to go further than 20cm form end of barrel for ISSF disciplines.
I too have heard that Nigel Teague does a brilliant job. Are you thinking of holes or slots? Not sure which Nigel does though. Is it not possible to get hold of a set of K80 tubes that have been done, just so you could try them out? Can't Ian get hold of a set on the cheap from somewhere?

Still it could be worse if it was a semi auto.....
Phil you are heading in a direction than Ian (ips) and myself have chosen many times! We always end up with auto using hedge monkeys chucking their chokes out of their prams! :laugh:

All auto users please note it definitely wasn't me or les this time so kindly aim your anger at mr philr and not us.

Many thanks in advance

All auto users please note it definitely wasn't me or les this time so kindly aim your anger at mr philr and not us.

Many thanks in advance
I bet we still get to take some flack........and it really wasn't our fault this time!!!

PS.....now Nic has gone into bloody ninja mode again, Phil has a lot to answer for!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Many thanks in advance
Or tinkerbell

Back