podimore 2/2/14

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beretta boom stick

Hi, podimore is advertised to have 100 esp this weekend. does anyone know if it still going ahead and if the surrounding roads are all ok ? I'm only asking as it would appear that most of that part of the country seems to be under water and I don't want to have a wasted journey :)

Don't take the risk - come and shoot FITASC At Hickstead with us on Sunday... you know it makes sense!

I shot there yesterday it was very muddy at the ground but the 303 and side roads were okay.

I only live ten minutes from the ground so unless we get more heavy rain it will be okay have fun.

1" of rain is forcast over the next day or so? if this happens the road from the bridge over the A 303 can be underwater! best phone Keven before you drive

lots of miles!

I just drove through podimore on the way home from our last day game shooting, its fine.

Its not even flooded on the road to bridgehampton at the airbase, and it always floods there!

Not that I can go tomorrow, but do you have to be CPSA registered to come last, sorry, I mean enter? I haven't gone as far as that yet!

The road that matters is the one that leads to the farm from the A303! there is a warning out tonight best see what tomorrow brings and phone if unsure!

I just drove through podimore on the way home from our last day game shooting, its fine.

Its not even flooded on the road to bridgehampton at the airbase, and it always floods there!

Not that I can go tomorrow, but do you have to be CPSA registered to come last, sorry, I mean enter? I haven't gone as far as that yet!
Sorry just seen this :) no you don't need to be cpsa registered, you can shoot all general competitions birds only which doesn't require cpsa membership. It's only if you want to shoot in the competition that you need to be :)

Last edited by a moderator:
:fie:  I went to Muddymore (Podimore) yesterday ,wore a pair of waterproof walking boots, shot half the targets but never shot the half by the clubhouse cos the slurry was over the top of my boots!  It looked like Glastonbury Festival on a wet day. :fie:  

:fie:  I went to Muddymore (Podimore) yesterday ,wore a pair of waterproof walking boots, shot half the targets but never shot the half by the clubhouse cos the slurry was over the top of my boots!  It looked like Glastonbury Festival on a wet day. :fie:  
Oh dear!  I'm glad I stayed at home to enjoy my birthday with the family then!

Nothing wrong with Podimore always like that this time of year ankle boots were fine !!!!

We went there yesterday, shot the whole layout no problems :) it was muddy underfoot but nothing too extreme, 1 of our group forgot his boots so walked all round in trainers and wasn't all up his legs.

I have never seen a pair of platform trainers with 9" soles nor a pair of knee high trainers! :fie:   I am also not in the habit of paying £38.00 to shoot 40 targets because i can't be bothered by mud!

Well Mr Moore, I don't mind wearing waterproof boots but I'm not going to shoot competition in wellies! and also I'm not that bothered shooting in the winter any more!

I have just looked up English sporting on the tinternet.....it's an outdoor sport....who would have guessed!

Apparently trappies wear white trainers all year round althought I not sure how true that is .........Nicola ?

You are a sharp cookie Mr Moore! I'll bet in real life you are a brain surgeon? :crazy:  

Well I'll tell you one thing if the idiots keep joy riding around the site on the quad bikes, there won't be any shoot in a month or so! :fie:  

Latest posts

Back