Plastic Streaking

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake.keeling

Just wondering why so many shooters seem obsessed with plaswad streaking in barrels. Even going so far as to give up a cartridge that they like and gives good results? Why what do they think its going to do? Or is it that they can't stand not getting that mirror tube finish after each session?

Doesnt bother me in the slightest, rip a phosphor bronze in the cordless drill down it every now and then, problem solved :)

What cleaning robs and attachments do u recommend to use in the drill or for general cleaning... Been using a bore snake and think I need a rod...

I have one of the aluminium 2 piece rods and got a buddy to turn an inch at the hand end down on the lathe so it fits in the chuck of the drill. Whack some cleaner down the barrel, I use VP90, but youngs 303 or clenzoil which seems to be in vogue at the moment will do the job. Leave it for 5 mins to soak then phosphor bronze brush down it in the drill. Take the rod out of the drill and push kitchen roll down the barrels in a jag until it comes out clean (usually only need a couple of sheets), job jobbed :D

Say what.........

What about that super duper rod as advetised with this new clenzoil gotta be a winning combination ;)

Boom!!! Ignore thread button!!! Sorry, couldn't help giving an example, plastic streaking?!?! I've got more important things to think/learn........attic space theory, finite space in my brain, fill it with meaningless crap and there is less room for important things like, hold points, lead pictures, visualisation, Pre shot routine, target memory bank..........and all the rest!!!

Boom!!! Ignore thread button!!! Sorry, couldn't help giving an example, plastic streaking?!?! I've got more important things to think/learn........attic space theory, finite space in my brain, fill it with meaningless crap and there is less room for important things like, hold points, lead pictures, visualisation, Pre shot routine, target memory bank..........and all the rest!!!
Exactly my point!

Subjectivity refers to individual interpretations of experiences consisting of emotional, intellectual, and spiritual perceptions and misperceptions.

This term contrasts with objectivity, which is used to describe humans as "seeing" the universe exactly for what it is from a standpoint free from human perception and its influences, human cultural interventions, past experience and expectation of the result

Take your pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Subjectivity refers to individual interpretations of experiences consisting of emotional, intellectual, and spiritual perceptions and misperceptions.
This term contrasts with objectivity, which is used to describe humans as "seeing" the universe exactly for what it is from a standpoint free from human perception and its influences, human cultural interventions, past experience and expectation of the result

Take your pick.
Wow! who would of thought plastic streaking would bring out such beautiful Philosophy, Skid Marks open the mind.

Take your pick.
Very profound Mr T

Take your pick.

This takes us back to: Who does the best breakfast? !!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some very good negative thoughts here on this link.

Just a single positive thought that I do bare in mind with plastic fouling is that be careful that we do not encapsulate moisture between the plastic fouling and the barrel material. You may regret it at a later date.

But of course guns are only toys that we throw away when a newer shinier one comes along!

Would have 'liked' more on here but my likes ran out......dur..!!

Can I suggest that the above would not be a problem if you used Fiocchi cartridges....!!

I have not used a phosphor brush and rod for years. i just give it a quick in and out with the fluffy rod (cannot remember the name) and perfection.....just saying!!

Also that Clenzoil stuff is amazing.....really impressed.....on action and fiddly bits .......true story..!!

Latest posts

Back