Pilla confusion

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would save your money my friend and just get good quality clear or slight tint . Yes pills and ranger etc have good optical clarity BUT at stupid money just because its labelled shooting. They won't make you hit any more targets and whatever colour you put on at 10am will be wrong at 10-15.

do you wear fancy tinted glasses for pheasant ?? I suspect not.

Just another quick question, what does "post" or "no post" mean on the Pillas please?  I'm finding this subject as confusing as thermonuclear science!!!

Cheers,

Ian

Just another quick question, what does "post" or "no post" mean on the Pillas please?  I'm finding this subject as confusing as thermonuclear science!!!

Cheers,

Ian
Post means a post that comes down from the frame and is the adjustable nose piece. No post is - NO POST. Have a GOOD look on the Pilla website for all there models.

It is also where the prescription lens insert fits.(take the post out) Unlike the 'no post' which clips in (i believe)

Last edited by a moderator:
Post means a post that comes down from the frame and is the adjustable nose piece. No post is - NO POST. Have a GOOD look on the Pilla website for all there models.

It is also where the prescription lens insert fits.(take the post out) Unlike the 'no post' which clips in (i believe)
Thanks Battue & that makes perfect sense. Thanks for the reply ??

I was going to say one is collect only but Battue beat me to it. 

Anyone interested in safety glasses for shooting should try B&Q for £65 you get a Flymo included. :D

I'm sorry I just cannot buy or wear Pilla glasses on priciple , we hung Dick Turpin for similar crimes.

Anyone interested in safety glasses for shooting should try B&Q for £65 you get a Flymo included. :D

I'm sorry I just cannot buy or wear Pilla glasses on priciple , we hung Dick Turpin for similar crimes.
Interesting, I've often wondered how much help expensive lenses are, especially as I loose or break them way too often..

Happy to help - it can be a bit of a minefield and they are pricey bits of kit.

£300 for a lens and a frame is about par although there can be some good eBay gear around, as long as the lenses aren't scuffed

Having said that, they are significantly cheaper over here than anywhere else. If you were to buy a three lens kit in the USA it'd set you back $1000!

Most UK dealers swallow the dreadful exchange rate and put them out at £560 ish (although one seems to sell them frequently at the correct price of £725, maybe they've got the right idea ?)

Thanks Ed. It is a mine field for sure. I 'think' I'd start out with the 44n lenses then maybe a red tint at a later date. I am dropping Xmas prezzy tips to my wife already

I do recall reading somewhere that he was 'well hung'  !     :eek:

Interesting, I've often wondered how much help expensive lenses are, especially as I loose or break them way too often..
If you have lost or broken them, then I would suggest that they would be no help at all.  I  bought the frames and 3 lenses for under £200 and then I have added 3 other lenses, each bought for under £50. I have tried many different types, colours and styles of shooting glasses over the years (aprox 55 years) but I have to admit the Pilla are by far the clearest and best target enhancing glasses I have used. Having said that I have really got it down to just 3 lenses that I go to each time I shoot. I make my decision first thing and only change to a darker lens when the sun comes out (I think it was a day in July this year).

Thanks Ed. It is a mine field for sure. I 'think' I'd start out with the 44n lenses then maybe a red tint at a later date. I am dropping Xmas prezzy tips to my wife already
I used Oakleys for many years and have also tried prescription Zeiss, not feeling too confident with either earlier this year bought Pillas with a 44N which I've used wearing contact lenses, personally this has "worked" me, without doubt the "best" I've felt my all round vision has been for seeing targets, might well add a lens now it's getting gloomy mind.

Bit the bullet a a year ago best glasses I ve worn. starkey headsets best price I could find

I bought glasses from Stewart at Bisley, they are Zeiss adjustable frames with proper ballistic lenses for £175 and various tints available, very good glasses and great value.

Latest posts

Back