Budget glasses and lense set?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The caveat to that is Ed Lyons. 
If I were to start over, I’d shoot a few lessons, make sure it was for me, then I’d get a gun fit, an ATA (cheaper than some stock mods or custom stock!) and go see Ed Lyons and buy whatever he advises (he’s a straightforward chap who’s not in the habit of up selling just for an extra quid) Then I’d take lessons from Ed Solomons or someone of similar reputation in my area. 
After ironing out the main creases, I’d upgrade the gun to one I liked and have a custom stock made by Manuel Ricardo. 
I’d also get Cens DX1’s. Expensive though they are, and their customer service is questionable, the comfort and ability to clearly hear your instructor is a decision I wish I’d taken earlier. 

One thing is for sure Lloyd  , if you need a prescription for shooting , the quantum leap will come from that not the Pilas

I’ve been through that this year ,despite having DVLA legal driving vision  a pair of “ John Lennon “ glasses from Specsavers opened up a whole new world . Thank you optician chap in Halifax who took about 3 appointments worth  time  to help because it was interesting to him .This led me after a few months to pop a few bob on the Zeiss shooting specific frames  with tinted and photo chrome Rx lenses (which are quite versatile)  , but I’d happily shoot in the 2 for £99 Frames when a clear lens will do . 

Last edited by a moderator:
The caveat to that is Ed Lyons. 
If I were to start over, I’d shoot a few lessons, make sure it was for me, then I’d get a gun fit, an ATA (cheaper than some stock mods or custom stock!) and go see Ed Lyons and buy whatever he advises (he’s a straightforward chap who’s not in the habit of up selling just for an extra quid) Then I’d take lessons from Ed Solomons or someone of similar reputation in my area. 
After ironing out the main creases, I’d upgrade the gun to one I liked and have a custom stock made by Manuel Ricardo. 
I’d also get Cens DX1’s. Expensive though they are, and their customer service is questionable, the comfort and ability to clearly hear your instructor is a decision I wish I’d taken earlier. 
Let us know how the world championships go for you. 😄

Latest posts

Back