Perazzi repairs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidney

Quick question for the fellow Perazzi owners, need a couple of little jobs done on my old faithful, new top lever spring and a little tighten up (h bolt perhaps) as lever now central. Who would you reccomend? Ideally someone with a reasonable turn around as don't want to be without the old girl for too long.

I think Dennis Stepney's name will be mentioned a few times in this thread?

For me....I only let Gordon Swatton (at Bisley) touch my guns in any technical way.....if it is not a job for Italy.

Philip Selwood, Bude Cornwall is the go to for Perazzi mechanical. Former Leslie Hewitt/Ruag warranty gunsmith. Will do work while you wait by appointment - can always go Southern Counties on your way back.

Thanks guys have just had a trade reccomendation for Mr Selwood too so will try him first.

Emmys, have a spare spring here, but both me and my local gunshop have failed to undo the retaining screw to the right of the top lever. Any suggestions?!

You are using the little lever thingy aren't you?

Strike that.....what do I know....the butler does them... L. O. L.

Last edited:
Which one would that be Nic? My gunsmith hasn't mentioned one! The only way we could see of getting at the top lever spring was to remove the screw below and to the right of the top lever (stock removed looking from the rear.

He's a Perazzi dealer, has been for years! Lmao!

I could see it moving in and out and thought is seemed strange.... Thanks a lot your a star will get it on the bench later and try it. I owe you a pint or two if our paths ever cross.

If nothing else im glad I have stripped it down, removed the firing pins to find one is cracked nearly all the way through!

Sorted, everything out, cleaned greased and back in, new spring in, replaced both firing pins for peace of mind. All together and is closing a lot more positively. Dont know why Ive been so scared to get stuck in, its easier than a bike engine!

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back