Payout of advertised prizes.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot see IPS commenting on this topic as he has never shot good enough to pick up :lol:

IPS does prize money :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont see why you are worried about naming them. It will pre warn others and avoid them getting ripped off. As long as you are factual and not slanderous there is no problem. Your friends can't be the only ones who missed out on prize money.
This

I picked an envelope of cash for a class win from 4th or 5th in B class for a friend from Gunsite. I'v had it in my bag a while. Sean put all the unclaimed prizes on a big white board of those about to time expire, I think 3 months unclaimed prizes but not sure, prob about 50 of them, a lot of money. I saw my buddies name (he doesn't get out much) claimed his winnings which I will give him today.

Thats how to run a shoot, prizes, honesty.

Its a mystery what is in the envelope but Papa may post how much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked an envelope of cash for a class win from 4th or 5th in B class for a friend from Gunsite. I'v had it in my bag a while. Sean put all the unclaimed prizes on a big white board of those about to time expire, I think 3 months unclaimed prizes but not sure, prob about 50 of them, a lot of money. I saw my buddies name (he doesn't get out much) claimed his winnings which I will give him today.

Thats how to run a shoot, prizes, honesty.

Its a mystery what is in the envelope but Papa may post how much.
When i won some at Gunsite i new i wasn't going back for a while,contacted Sean and he quite happily sent me a check.

You cannot get fairer than that  :D

Tony picked up two wins from Longridge a couple of weeks ago dated April 2015 and December 2015 that's honest and committed to paying out however long it takes.  I think he's got winnings in his container going back four years waiting to be claimed!

Doesnt work for me but assume its the same as this?

http://oxfordguncompany.co.uk/news/linkeddocuments/2016/BredonOpenShootJune2016.pdf

Got my first class win on Sunday (albeit after being a sandbagger and dropping back to C class) at Horne. All they put is £100 HG and "Great Class Prizes" so I wait to see what that turns out to be ?
If you came first it should be £100.

If a shoot advertises a prize fund for a shoot it is doing so to attract entries.

If they do not state 'subject to a minimum entry or entries ' they are under the trade description act obliged to pay out.

If it is who I think it is ? Fifty and twenty P's were designed like that to enable you to get them off him using a spanner.

If it is, who we all suspect it is, the next shoots they've advertised do now indeed make reference to minimum entries. However this cannot be backdated to previous shoots. Back to the op question and like others have plainly put they should pay out the advertised prizes full stop. 

Sounds like that may be a big challenge though

Back