Owls Lodge Saturday 12. 03. 16

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKGibbs

Owls Lodge have a 100 Registered ESP this Saturday.

It's not a squadded shoot so no booking required. Just turn up and shoot.

Myself and Stew Keen off here also, have found the mid week Reg shoots a real challenge no reason to doubt this won't also be a test, 

Not my most pleasant of Saturday's, yes decent weather, warmish, with Stew, Kevin, Tiptop and Lord Pewsey was in very good company, but as for the shooting, we picked a tough stand and I never recovered. Massive entry, few clay and trap issues meant quite a few queues which eroded any concentration I had a day that I'm simply going to forget. Think 92 was high gun when I left and although I imploded some poor souls fared not as well as I.

flipping spellcheck

Last edited by a moderator:
Could some one post the results on here please for those that aren't on facebook, Many Thanks

Not my most pleasant of Saturday's, yes decent weather, warmish, with Stew, Kevin, Tiptop and Lord Pewsey was in very good company, but as for the shooting, we picked a tough stand and I never recovered. Massive entry, few clay and trap issues meant quite a few queues which eroded any concentration I had a day that I'm simply going to forget. Think 92 was high gun when I left and although I imploded some poor souls fared not as well as I.

flipping spellcheck
Yes, was thankfully a lovely day!

Owls were only expecting 150 - 175 max! 220 was even more than last year's Premier League Final.

There were a few trap issues and no birds which isn't usually a problem here! I had a terrible run of no birds on my first 4 stands but thankfully had a smoother run after that.

93 took high gun and I believe Dorset won the team event.

Results can be found on the Owls Lodge Website on the fixtures page.

Sad to say our group could only shoot 9 stands in 2h20min and had to leave to get in time to RBSS handicap. We should have splitted to 2 two man groups, because a few times the fourth shooter had to wait for different reasons and we all got around slowly. First time there, nice place and good targets.  Queues is normal when lot of peopel, but there was more no birds than I normally see, maybe because the trap springs where quite thight.

Sad to say our group could only shoot 9 stands in 2h20min and had to leave to get in time to RBSS handicap. We should have splitted to 2 two man groups, because a few times the fourth shooter had to wait for different reasons and we all got around slowly. First time there, nice place and good targets.  Queues is normal when lot of peopel, but there was more no birds than I normally see, maybe because the trap springs where quite thight.
Owls Lodge is a regular ground for me.

The no bird situation is not a common event there! I think it had to be a bad batch of clays as the springs were not wound up that much.

It was much busier than expected which obviously slowed things down.

Don't be put off! It really was just one of those days! It is usually one of the most reliable shoots to go to. The traps are only just a year old and all equipment is top notch.

They show some stunning targets with something for everyone.

I'm sure that Hans will return to Owls Lodge one day............its just that from Finland, its a bit of a trek!
I saw the group from Finland shooting! Richard said he had a group of about 7 who had travelled over and we're shooting Westfield the following day.

Owls Lodge is a regular ground for me.

The no bird situation is not a common event there! I think it had to be a bad batch of clays as the springs were not wound up that much.

It was much busier than expected which obviously slowed things down.

Don't be put off! It really was just one of those days! It is usually one of the most reliable shoots to go to. The traps are only just a year old and all equipment is top notch.

They show some stunning targets with something for everyone.
Thanx DK for more info. I liked the targets. I've experienced bad batches of clays on my homeground also, so it can happend. 

Latest posts

Back