Owls Lodge: Premier League Round 5

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P1Fanatic

The fifth and final round is finally here. Looking forward to it. Hopefully not as taxing as the Monthly Registereds Owls put on as not sure my averages can take there twice in one month ..

Think I will be turning up earlier for this one as guessing it will be busy. Apparently breakfast is available from 9 and first entries 10.

Cheers

Simon

We'll be there so I can have my arse whipped again.  Going back for extra punishment the following Thursday as well.

I'm doing Bucks STR at EJC and couldn't get earlier start than 11. Last layout 12.30, so then a dash for last entries at Owls. Lunch will be a sandwich eaten on the M4..

Jane and I booked in for around 12 I think.  I don't understand how my words come up in your box?
Owls has no shoot the following Thursday. It's the 24th. 
when did that change - we booked in last time we were there for 17th.

Will its 17th for the 100 reg and 26th for something else at Owls

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be surprised if Owls has registered shoots 3 weeks on the trot, maybe wrong though. Is the 26th not the south west inter-counties champs.(moved from Podimore)

Will, you're right it still says 24th for 100 registered ESP. Sure that there is something to do with the south west counties on the 26th though. 

CPSA site says 24th and has done for a while..
Owls Lodge fixtures list on their website and when I booked in last month says 17th.

Asked Tanya definitely 17th Sept 100 Reg and then SW Intercounties on 26th Sept

Great. I organised something else to keep 24th clear. By the way, the CPSA site doesn't say 17th, so unless CPSA accept they have made a mistake and change it, it won't be registered..

Great. I organised something else to keep 24th clear. By the way, the CPSA site doesn't say 17th, so unless CPSA accept they have made a mistake and change it, it won't be registered..
she has apparently told them twice

I'll be there at about 12.30, was going to do the sportrap at EJC but Dad in hospital so going to see him in the morning.

Shot around in less than 1.5hrs. No rain but I shot like a chump. Dropped 15 from first 16 birds and was feeling like going home. Managed to pull it together later one with just 2 dropped from 4 stands but damage already done to finish on 55. The good news is that at least it doesnt count toward my CPSA average due to 10% rule.

I hope the rest of you shoot better :)

Started at 12.00, only had to wait at one stand. shame I shot the worst I have shot in ages, really disappointed.

Just putting it down to a very off day, a score to forget about and move on.

Lovely ground though.

As I was leaving the STR at EJC, (which I had not shot well..) I saw Cheryl Hall who said OLSS was quite tricky. Hmm.. Do I just go home I thought.. Luckily I soldiered on as OLSS was a great shoot I thought. I had a good day too, finishing on 93, just two off HG. And boy could I kick myself for three or four of my misses.. 

Shot around in less than 1.5hrs. No rain but I shot like a chump. Dropped 15 from first 16 birds and was feeling like going home. Managed to pull it together later one with just 2 dropped from 4 stands but damage already done to finish on 55. The good news is that at least it doesnt count toward my CPSA average due to 10% rule.

I hope the rest of you shoot better :)
well as predicted arse was severely kicked, had some very bad stands and one straight only managed thanks to Martin Myers allowing me to stroke him as I like to for good luck ?.   Lovely ground and good shoot, Tony had never been before and enjoyed it.  He's trying to make me feel better by telling me it might be my bogey ground but I'm going to give it everything on Thursday at the monthly registered.  In the end 54/100 which even for me was on the low side.

well as predicted arse was severely kicked, had some very bad stands and one straight only managed thanks to Martin Myers allowing me to stroke him as I like to for good luck ?.   Lovely ground and good shoot, Tony had never been before and enjoyed it.  He's trying to make me feel better by telling me it might be my bogey ground but I'm going to give it everything on Thursday at the monthly registered.  In the end 54/100 which even for me was on the low side.
It certainly is turning into my bogey ground. Today was a new level though. To the point where I was wondering if my barrels had got bent or latest batch of Gamebore cartridges had no pellets in them .. Fingers crossed Thursday turns out better.

As I was leaving the STR at EJC, (which I had not shot well..) I saw Cheryl Hall who said OLSS was quite tricky. Hmm.. Do I just go home I thought.. Luckily I soldiered on as OLSS was a great shoot I thought. I had a good day too, finishing on 93, just two off HG. And boy could I kick myself for three or four of my misses.. 
Cracking score Will!

Back