OT finals rules

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally i prefer the Current rules (there is roumors of a change again) they are easier to understand than the last ones which begs the question why the very accomplished and experienced people there didn't notice the obvious cock up.

Personally i prefer the Current rules (there is roumors of a change again) they are easier to understand than the last ones which begs the question why the very accomplished and experienced people there didn't notice the obvious cock up.
I don't think the score card helped. The highest bib number (6) actually starts on peg one and the lowest starts on peg 6 (1). Therefore the scorer has to start at the bottom of the score sheet and work their way up. As this is 100% reverse of normal scorecard procedure seems open to a total cock-up. Hope no one ever asks me to score a final!

DT

my head hurts just reading about it, bib no x and your out. I am a waist 34" if I had been in the final at what point would I have been eliminated, before or after the bloke with size 8 boots. ???

just asking

Trap. Finalists shoot one shot only at each target (see Rule 9.15.5.2 c). Finalists

occupy stations 1-2-3-4-5-6 in Bib Number order (9.18.2.3, lowest Bib Number

on Station 1). After each athlete has shot on a station, he must move to the

next station to fire in sequence on that station. A timing system to control the

12-second preparation time limit must be used. Each Final consists of a series

of target sequences followed by progressive eliminations that continue until the

gold and silver medals are decided, as follows:

a) After the six finalists complete a normal round of 25 targets, the 6th place

athlete is eliminated, in case of a tie the athlete with the lowest Qualification

ranking (higher bib number) is eliminated;

B) After the five remaining finalists shoot at another 5 targets and complete 30

targets, the 5th place athlete is eliminated, in case of a tie the athlete with the

lowest Qualification ranking (higher bib number) is eliminated;

c) After the four remaining finalists shoot at another 5 targets and complete 35

targets, the 4th place athlete is eliminated, in case of a tie the athlete with the

lowest Qualification ranking (higher bib number) is eliminated;

d) After the three remaining finalists shoot at another 5 targets and complete

40 targets, the 3rd place (bronze medalist) athlete is eliminated, in case of

a tie the athlete with the lowest Qualification ranking (higher bib number) is

eliminated;

This finals crap just never ends does it?  I personally like the way it was last year but I'm never gonna have to shoot it so WTF do I really care.  Going back to the highest score and (maybe) shoot off will not happen cuz the promoters and the ISSF don't want drawn out contests and today's shooters are so accomplished that shoot offs would be a given - every time and lots of it.

AND the real problem I see with the popularity of shooting is the MONEY!  Or lack of it.  If winning shooters were raking in what golfers go for it would be a different world.  Crowd friendly events and BAGS OF MONEY!

Clear as mud.

Why is that when people get into some position of authority anywhere they feel they have to change things to put there mark on it and in doing so bollox it completely?

Back