OT Coaching with Michael Diamond

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am really keen to do this but living in France gives me jitters thinking about the travel and moving my guns. It is not about cost I really am not sure about the transportation of my guns and where I will be staying when I get to the UK where do I put my guns for example if staying at a hotel? I am inclined to think I would actually drive to the UK because of logistics but as I say I would have to stay in a hotel where do you store guns? I seriously want to do this but am wary of travel implications am I worrying unnecessarily? It is a great chance to get a once off coaching session with a great shooter.

John

I would not worry about the travel, correct paperwork for ferry etc. At your hotel most people leave barrels in car and take stock in suitcase. If you stop for comfort break make sure all gun stuff is well hidden and better still if possible lock it to something with a cable lock. If trigger is detectable then drop it out and keep it on your person. Not sure what paperwork you need but tinker will know for :)sure as she is our resident jet setter

Ps

personally i don't feel i need anyone to tell me i am cack :) and if i do need a kick up the proverbial derrier i have 40up

He is good and very cheap :)

For a small fee the Cpsa used to do the visitor pass for you you will need Euro pass ,worth checking out if anyone's interested we used them a lot in 2012 and they were spot on

John.

1) Do you still have your UK shotgun certificate?

2) you will already have an EFP (European Fire Arms Pass). It s the same throughout Europe. Little blue fold out document.

3) if 1) above is a 'no' then you will need a British Visitor Visa. Dead easy to get. Look for the form on Cpsa website (link here if it works https://www.cpsa.co.uk/vsp ).

4) I never ever use the ferry. They can be stroppy and depending on the type of hull (hovercraft etc) the do not like cartridges. Many times we have had them 'removed' in years gone by. The most simplest way to come back and forth is Euro tunnel (not Euro star...they do not allow guns).

5) Eurotunnel....drive car on....you can bright whatever cartridges you want....secured in cartridge magazine of sealed slabs etc.

We used to come back from France full up with Mary Arm .....great wines....and Booze and fags from the duty free. You can pack the kitchen sink when coming by car.....my most preferred way of going trans Europe.

6) loads of hotels. Don't advertise the gun. (Ie don't carry it in...in a slip of course) In a hard case...they look like instruments etc etc... (Well mine doesn't because it has always had England and GBR badges....plus Fiocchi.....plus all the armoury tags over the years....oh....and a big Perazzi sign...... BUT.... Apart from that......it looks like I am from an orchestra ..!

7) I never split it up and leave any in the car....FFS someone might nick my car. Nope I have a lockable wire. It gets chained to a radiator or the bath handles. Easy peasy.

8) let me know if you are doing the Bisley one...it is only 1 hour away.

You've got a Perazzi with drop out triggers I think, easiest solution is to remove the trigger group. Castellani UK have a nice little box you can keep it in, similar to Perazzi's own but without the logo and price tag to match.

Use the Eurotunnel, no sweat with guns/ammo. Get yourself a long security cable with lock attached or padlock and wrap it around the gunbox and solidly fixed plumbing or bulky piece of furniture. Take photos of it locked in place with your phone so you've proof you've taken reasonable precautions. If the worst does happen and you've got the triggers to hand you'll be sound. I speak as someone who had two shotguns nicked from a hotel room in 2003 but that's all I'm going to say about it.

Travelodge have got arsey about guns in rooms and chucked out a couple of shooters who were staying in one at a selection shoot.

It didn't help their cause when asked at the reception desk by another guest if they'd got guns in their boxes and they said yes and the receptionist heard it and then made further enquiries which let to their ejection.

Always act dumb and don't offer information.

Back