Orange clays in the sky.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So does anyone know the best colour lens for orange clays the type of sky as in OP.
I doubt the answer is the same for everybody. Orange clays against bright blue sky, illuminated by sunlight are fine. Its the dull white cloud that creates the problem, with the orange not "lit-up" .

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Nothing seems to work. I never shot at some as could not see them. The rain did not help. But last time at SDown it was just that colour cloud still had a real job to see them where I wanted to shoot eventually waiting till they hit a different back ground. Then it's to late.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am amazed how many targets are so hard to see, black, in the trees, in the gloom of bad light, or facing south, ,, really need decent range setters, esp` when edge on as well ! and orange is a waste against  sky, ok if its bright sun, but how often do you get bright sun???? most setters that know their stuff will always set a technical target, rather than an eye test.the weather and conditions will always play a part, but a bit of effort to get  try and get it right is not asking too much, I feel.

Rosso, what colour lenses do you need to see your own car?  

Because you couldn't see when you were trying to unlock that car that wasn't yours when we had finished shooting  :p  

Ha f****** Ha. It was pissing down. Two identical Mercs two cars apart and I pick the Rangey.

Yes bad day for eyes. 

Still at least I never forgot my gun slip ?

Ha f****** Ha. It was pissing down. Two identical Mercs two cars apart and I pick the Rangey.

Yes bad day for eyes. 

Still at least I never forgot my gun slip ?
Slip would have got just as wet at the gun and everything else, just a pain having to carry it round broken under my arm.

You can try my Oakleys next time if you want?

Do pilla do a lenses for rabbit clays that roll from grassland  past nettles past a tree trunk past an old oil drum and finish on bare earth?

I am led to believe that the current lenses will not now fit the earlier frames.

Do pilla do a lenses for rabbit clays that roll from grassland  past nettles past a tree trunk past an old oil drum and finish on bare earth?
No, but I can find you a good Lurcher !

Rosso 

I've never shot Southdown but  sometimes helps if you can you see the trap being fired it can at least gives you a clue when and where it's coming from.

White sky's orange batue's and mini's

Frigin card wreaker ?

A lot of clubs are using orange clays in the sky now. Can see them out of trap but cannot shoot them that quick, then they just vanish in the yellow overcast cloud right where I want to shoot them. I wish they did that when I shoot at them. Blue sky is fine.

This lens was developed to kill that back ground and enhance the orange. It's a sort of hybrid colour between purple, pink and red with 50% light transmission.

Any good ground/target setter will hide the trap out of vision from the shooting position  :cool:

Back