One eye, both eyes, does it matter?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but you already know that so why am I typing this :lol:
You're right, I'm aware of newtonian mechanics and the fact that the clay would (without the effects of air resistance, wind etc) travel through a parabolic arc.  However, depending on the trap angle, speed it's wound up to etc the first part of that trajectory can be such a slight arc as to be almost a straight line.  Certainly when you take the spread of the shot into account you can get away with treating the earlier part of the trajectory as being a straight line and that is how a lot of people shoot clays.

Even with sporting targets, a lot of people deal with loopers by selecting part of the flight and treating it a straight line and either swinging through or pulling away in a linear fashion, rather than trying to replicate the arc.  That's certainly how I deal with faster, flatter loopers. 

Does not the shape of a standard clay not create lift?
Its in a vacuum ... everybody is dead... I don't think it would make any difference if the was an initial lift element in the clay being thrown its kinetic energy is at its max when it leaves the trap there after gravity takes its toll.

Certainly when you take the spread of the shot into account you can get away with treating the earlier part of the trajectory as being a straight line and that is how a lot of people shoot clays.

Even with sporting targets, a lot of people deal with loopers by selecting part of the flight and treating it a straight line and either swinging through or pulling away in a linear fashion, rather than trying to replicate the arc.  That's certainly how I deal with faster, flatter loopers. 
Its an interesting thought that you can treat it as being a straight line... because that is all the I think you can do and perhaps this is why some people do miss targets they see and assume things when the take the shot that are not actually true... if you know what I mean. Now if you will indulge me I was watching this earlier in the day and if it not the biggest lot of shoite tell me why.

What the man is using is one concept to prove that his method of hitting the target is better than the concept of being inside the circle. There is not right and wrong you are estimating the rate of fall of the target whether you use his method or the other. What he is suggesting is that one was is easier than the other... sorry just don't get that at all.  The truth is you can get both ways of shooting the target wrong and still miss   :lol:

Why does this thread go on for  so long ?

Any eye issues please contact a qualified  optician  for the answer.

It is noticable that no one has consulted one , surely they know the answers to eye issues?

Why does this thread go on for  so long ?

Any eye issues please contact a qualified  optician  for the answer.

It is noticable that no one has consulted one , surely they know the answers to eye issues?
Thread drift is one of the few things that actually keep some forums going :lol:  ... cue someone saying that why I never go on these forums... to much bloody thread drift :lol:

Again, not to be unkind, going away trap discipline clays don’t need lead, going away presentation sporting clays don’t need lead either. 
So what you are saying is trap nr 9 in table I in OT doesn't require any lead.. Probably why I miss it a lot, I must be way out in front of it.. 

So what you are saying is trap nr 9 in table I in OT doesn't require any lead.. Probably why I miss it a lot, I must be way out in front of it.. 
Lars, is that a hard right hander? If it is,  you know and I know that’s as close to a crosser you’ll see at OT...

7 hours ago, jwpzx9r said:

Its in a vacuum ... everybody is dead... I don't think it would make any difference if the was an initial lift element in the clay being thrown its kinetic energy is at its max when it leaves the trap there after gravity takes its toll.

Its an interesting thought that you can treat it as being a straight line... because that is all the I think you can do and perhaps this is why some people do miss targets they see and assume things when the take the shot that are not actually true... if you know what I mean. Now if you will indulge me I was watching this earlier in the day and if it not the biggest lot of shoite tell me why.

You just put up a link to the most annoying man on YouTube!!! Yeah, I watched a video of him denying eye dominance was a thing, that he could cure it by training your brain, just no!!!

Back