Northampton ESP reg 3.2.13

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

First time at Northampton for me. I went with Clayclouter and mate Tony. Met Ed Solomons and formed big squad including Adam and Rachel, plus Jem.

Weird set up for shooting times here. I am familiar with either a manned stand shoot, or a squadded shoot where a book on is required with a stipulated start time. Northampton seems to have a vague system aimed nicely at those who want to spend a long and undetermined time period at the ground. You book on, get on a squad and they call you when ready to start on stand 1. We got there at 9.30 and got started on stand 1 at 11.10. Nice breakfast but 3 cups of tea is my limit.. This doesn't work for me, won't be doing that again. If I return I will need to see if they can assure me of some start time. Maybe I need to work their system better, but got the butt end of it today..

Anyway, once out on the ground, it was great to shoot somewhere new. A freezing wind made it very bitter and blew the targets around a good bit. Ed S felt the layout was not their hardest, but the wind made it very hard for most of us..

Stand 1 had a sensible crosser with a longish hanging midi, which caused most of us a lot of grief. I think we all overlead it. Three away for me straight away..

I thought it was a great mix of targets and it was enough to stop me straighting the first 12 stands before finally nailing 13! Mostly it was only 1 or 2 away, so I managed an 82, a shade above my average.

Ed put in a stonking 96, which must have won it. Only one 91 in below that when we left.

Not sure I will be a regular at Northampton due to the distance and the funny squadding, but I did enjoy it and there is nothing wrong with the ground. Good scorer looked after us well too.

I imagine the 4 I missed were down to incorrect speed/antimony content in my shells...

Good to shoot with you guys today, was good fun. Always hard work in wind like that as so much variation in targets. Good shoot though, pleased given the conditions.

Think the slow start helped me as I could shake my bad head a bit before all the noise started. Very nice squad, cheers guys.

Ps told you skeet will break anything...!

Thanks for letting me tag on the squad.

Had a good day, was pleased with my 71.

Well shot Ed.

Thanks for the tips as always.

I imagine the 4 I missed were down to incorrect speed/antimony content in my shells...

Ps told you skeet will break anything...!
If you had been shooting F/black sporting with 5% antimony in 8's that would have given you another 2...you'd had needed to went to Fiochhi shoot offs to strait the course, lucky you had Mullers screwed into the barrels, they gave you at least 6 on their own...:p

It was the wind mate, blew the shot off course. Trust me I know, I was there and saw it all

Enjoyed yesterday it was good to meet up with some new faces, had a horrific start missing all 4 incoming midi's on stand 1, but felt like i shot the rest quite well just the odd silly targets getting away (Dropped 1 target on 9 of the 13 stands) finished with a slightly below par 84 which should of been so much better. Ed continued his run of great form with a very solid 96 (I beet him once you know, may last year !) But for me Young Taylor Hedgecocks 91 was excellent, that lads got a very bright future infront of him.

Yes Taylor deserves a big well done, I thought 91 for anyone ws good, but for a lad of his age it is exceptional at any shoot/conditions, let alone that one.

And he is a thoroughly nice lad too, no edge to him and takes it all in his stride. He is going to be world class.

Yes Taylor deserves a big well done, I thought 91 for anyone ws good, but for a lad of his age it is exceptional at any shoot/conditions, let alone that one.

And he is a thoroughly nice lad too, no edge to him and takes it all in his stride. He is going to be world class.
Huge LIKE (run out again)

Back