North / South divide.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Southerner me. My Old Man was from East Ham.Back in the middle ages 'er indoors and me lived for a couple of years just north of Glasgow. It rained, summer lasted for a month and you couldn't get a drink on a Sunday.I remember going up in a lift with 2 cleaning ladies who were deep in conversation. I couldn't make out a single word of english for 5 floors.We were really sad when we had to move back south. Oh aye the north's great - just as long as you don't have to actually live there./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Just seen your Berkshire website Jonskeet....very nice.

40UP said:

Just seen your Berkshire website Jonskeet....very nice.
Quite why everyone thinks it's me I have no idea, Matt did all the hard work in setting the site up.. I'm just helping adding content :)  Jon.

I've lived in Cumbria all my life.....the weather tends to be wet.

Nicola said:

Well I am North through and through but in the South!:)
Me too! Born and raised in North Yorkshire but been on the Isle of Wight for the last 12 years!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Hey Kath.....were we talking at the DTL the other Sunday........ (I am crap with names and memory) because I was talking to a lady from the Isle of White ???

I was born in Brighton so I'm a Brighton cockney.We used to think the world ended at Watford.When I left school I moved to Slough to work,Jon Skeet country.Then I joined the RAF so we lived all over different bits of the country and the world.We finally settled in Lincolnshire but we are not native Lincs so I'm not my own grandfather!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gifPlenty of shooting round here,both clay and game. Vic.

VicW said:

I was born in Brighton so I'm a Brighton cockney.We used to think the world ended at Watford.When I left school I moved to Slough to work,Jon Skeet country.Then I joined the RAF so we lived all over different bits of the country and the world.We finally settled in Lincolnshire but we are not native Lincs so I'm not my own grandfather!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gifPlenty of shooting round here,both clay and game. Vic.
I'm a Yellow Belly Vic, born and bred, but we do welcome incomers /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

When I lived in North Yorkshire my customers in Northumberland considered me a Southerner. My neighbours considered me to be an incomer because I came from the West Riding. I have lived down here for thirty years but still regard Yorkshire as home.

Nicola said:

Hey Kath.....were we talking at the DTL the other Sunday........ (I am crap with names and memory) because I was talking to a lady from the Isle of White ???
Not me Nicola, I've been housebound since the 8th looking after my bitch and her new pups!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

wylye said:

I have lived down here for thirty years but still regard Yorkshire as home.So do I! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Although I've only been in exile for 12 years!

Kath said:

wylye said:
 I have lived down here for thirty years but still regard Yorkshire as home.So do I!
/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Although I've only been in exile for 12 years!
Try to think of it more as a missionary expedition!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Southerner being born and bred in South Ockendon, Essex, but since the age of 10yrs (I'm now 54) have lived in Northamptonshire, so I guess I'm a Southern core with a midlands crust.

Bucks boy for 20 odd years, a little sojourn to Edinburgh for 5 years while Mrs Fuz educated herself and back down to auxfordshire for the last few years /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Well im in Birmingham so does that make me North or South ?? /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif

I think that makes you a BRUMMY /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Muslim /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif   /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif

Latest posts

Back