NOE Championships & Inter-Counties Champ 23rd Sept MCSC

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian E

"The North Regional CPSA Inter-Counties Sporting Championships are coming up at Manchester CSC on 23rd of September -100 targets, registered. 10am to 1pm entry

For those that didn't make a team this year you still have a chance to form your own teams.

Each of the 6 counties in the North Region is fielding a team, (see NR website for 'official' County teams), but the shoot is open to all CPSA members, and any other group of shooters can also submit a 'county' team; the conditions being that they reside in the same county in the North Region, are eligible CPSA members, and the team composition is declared before the team actually starts to shoot.

Seniors Teams will comprise 6 shooters - best 5 scores to count towards overall Team score, but teams are also welcome from other categories, namely Ladies, Juniors or Veterans, in which case the Team will comprise 3 members, the best 2 scores to count towards the category Team score.

Additionally, a team can be made up of any group of mixed categories, to include Seniors, Ladies, Juniors or Veterans in any combination - but the 'team' must also all reside in the same county. There will be trophies for the winning teams, in addition to the normal 'Class' prize money for the event.

And finally, the title of 2012 individual North Region Sporting Champion is up for grabs as well."

If you plan to form your own team please write down the team name and people taking part in the team and hand it in when you book in.

Good Luck !

Worsley Grange ! Must put it in my diary as one to miss.

Let's think back, long waits, sun in your eyes, clays amongst the trees, break downs, 'sorry this stand isn't working, go and shoot somewhere else'.

Yes it's all coming flooding back . Nurse Nurse Aaaaaaaaaaagh :.: :.: :.:

Worsley Grange ! Must put it in my diary as one to miss.

Let's think back, long waits, sun in your eyes, clays amongst the trees, break downs, 'sorry this stand isn't working, go and shoot somewhere else'.

Yes it's all coming flooding back . Nurse Nurse Aaaaaaaaaaagh :.: :.: :.:
Yep remmeber those days well especially the north regional selection shoots!

That was actually the time when I complained directly to Mr Heeks. Nice bloke but nothing changed......that is when I lost all interest in worrying anymore or even bothering with the CPSA.

I do hear it has had some changes there though? Maybe for the better? I hope so as it is a nice little place.

Yes it's changed, most of the staff left, I understand it is now run by a lady whose experience is in DTL so 299 ex 300 should be a good score at the weekend unless Chaplow's there. :.: :.: :.:

Yes it's changed, most of the staff left, I understand it is now run by a lady whose experience is in DTL so 299 ex 300 should be a good score at the weekend unless Chaplow's there. :.: :.: :.:
I can tell you no very little about the ' Lady ' in question who has surpeb credentials having Captained the English ABT team at international level , being the first women to do so i believe and also having shot for England and Great Britian in other disicplines.. plus taking into account the other hard working people with sporting experiance who help there now , im sure they will put a good reg sporting shoot on

i think it will be run just fine :) .

I will look forward to reading the numerous posts on 'pigeonwatch uk ' from the Manchester Mafia saying how wonderful it all was.

It won't do any harm if finally you can get a decent sporting ground in the North.

I will look forward to reading the numerous posts on 'pigeonwatch uk ' from the Manchester Mafia saying how wonderful it all was.
To be fair they are usually in response to posts from people who shot it once years ago and have never been near since posting how bad it must have been and the ground should be closed.

It won't do any harm if finally you can get a decent sporting ground in the North.
In the North we call ill afford to lose any more sporting grounds prepared to host selection shoots, even if they are not considered the best in the country.

To be fair they are usually in response to posts from people who shot it once years ago and have never been near since posting how bad it must have been and the ground should be closed.

In the North we call ill afford to lose any more sporting grounds prepared to host selection shoots, even if they are not considered the best in the country.

Yes, whatever their faults, we need grounds in the North to hold registered shoots. Worsley aren't really interested, Coniston are no longer interested,

I would be interested to know why Hodnet are not really interested.

I expect it has something to do with moaning, whining, bleating arseholes, as usual <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds to me like the shooters up north want it too cheap and the grounds, one by one, can't afford to do it at an acceptable level of service, so they close it down.

Has anyone or a local CPSA committee considered hiring a ground for a day/weekend and running an event, probably on a birds only basis with maybe volunteers doing catering etc. This is how most target rifle competitions are organised.

Sounds to me like the shooters up north want it too cheap and the grounds, one by one, can't afford to do it at an acceptable level of service, so they close it down.

Has anyone or a local CPSA committee considered hiring a ground for a day/weekend and running an event, probably on a birds only basis with maybe volunteers doing catering etc. This is how most target rifle competitions are organised.
That’s not the problem, the grounds up north are very successful without the CPSA involved, the car park at Manchester is packed full every weekend and they hold a members comp every month. The facilities at all three northern grounds close to me are very nice big clubhouses with good catering. However, when the CPSA gets involved you get a group of shooters that moan and bitch about everything, the CPSA then write & tell the ground owner how to run his ground.

The ground owners then by way of return say screw you registered shooting and CPSA I make a damn good living with a lot less hassle without you. This has already happened with three grounds in my neck of the woods, fortunately two started holding registered shooting again when there was a change of leadership at the top of the CPSA .

Manchester has a very large member base which turn up in numbers 3 times a week who have no interest in the CPSA. MCSC is not going to alienate them just to pander to registered shooters and an organisation who give him grief that at best will only turn up one day every month.

So it’s the type of shooters and hassle that registered shooting attracts that is the problem here in the North.

Uderstand what your saying Timps but I have experienced two shockingly organised sporting selection shoots up there in the past. This was down to bad organisation by the ground. I would not say that I am a moaner and groaner but after a long journey not only one time but twice, I had had enough and I complained. The place was a disgrace when I attended these. I am glad the CPSA tried to do something after all they are the governing body and should act if a selction shoot is not right. If the club then does not want to run them in the future then who cares! Put another one elsewhere. It is not the shooters from the South's problem that the North can't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Poor scoring, poor squading, corporate going on at the same time etc etc just some of the issues I remember.

I hope things have changed but as a shooter I have learnt to vote with my feet. I am good friends with Kate I have shot Helice with her on numerous occassions and I hope things change there for the better. It is a lovely place but the selections I shot were a disaster and I shot pretty well on both occassions and my dad did pretty well too so my moans are not a case of the norm when you shoot bad you complain syndrome!The whole day was a cock up from start to finish. This must be nearly 5 years ago now though??? Past is past so hopefully the future is bright for future selection shoots there.

Glen.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s a fair point about distance Glen, I have also witnessed some shocking organisation at Manchester selection shoots, I guess I would have been more irate about it if I had travelled more than the 30 minutes I did. The issue though was the manner of the complaints that caused the problem, I am not defending David Lloyd as he can be hot headed and escalate things, but how some (not all) complained and the tone and content of the CPSA letter was the issue rather than the actual complaints themselves.

The other issue is that we did hold it somewhere else (Coniston) now they will not hold any more due to the same reasons. We can discuss the finer points of where to hold an England selection shoot (although I feel one needs to be in the north as it is England not just Southern) but for The North Regional inter counties it has to be a ground in the North. Here lies the problem, not many grounds in the north can or are willing to hold them so we don’t have much choice, a northern championship held down south is not for me.

Craig

Back