Newbie question alert! Classifications?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simonix

Ok, so I get that after becoming a CPSA member, you can somehow get a classification?!

My question is how? Do you have to compete in specific registered events at certain grounds? Do you have different classes for different disciplines? Who enters your results?

And finally, I'm guessing just turning up at your local ground at the weekend (like I normally do) to do a round of ESP or fitasc with a few friends won't go towards your class?

Sorry this is all still new to me, and despite shooting since August, I'm not a CPSA member yet.

Thanks in advance for any more info.

:)

To add to what Kentskeet says;

- You join the CPSA and get whatever benefits that they are offering.

- You attend a ground running a CPSA registered shoot in whatever discipline (you can see these on the CPSA websh*te, or on the grounds website).  This may read as "100 Reg ESP" for 100 registered English Sporting, or perhaps "100 Reg SKD" For registered Skeet Doubles.

- You book in to the ground, and provide them with your CPSA membership number.  They may ask if you are shooting "Birds Only" or if you wish to be in the competition...or they may just assume the later.

- When you have shot your targets and won the cash, your score will be entered into the CPSA "Shoot" software and your score    uploaded to the CPSA.

- After you have shot 300 targets, you may ask for a "Temporary Classification", before the CPSA "Issues" classifications for all members, twice a year.

- You not have to register scores every time you shoot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info guys.

Unfortunately my local ground doesn't do registered events any more, so looks like I will have to think about doing some more travelling soon!

:)

Do the CPSA actually  "Issue classifications for all members, twice a year "  ?  (i'm a member of the UCPSA)

Do the CPSA actually  "Issue classifications for all members, twice a year "  ?  (i'm a member of the UCPSA)
Yes it's updated during May and October based on your previous 6 months scores and the new classifications are effective on the 1st of June and 1st of December.

All of this info is on the CPSA's website. You don't have to be a member to access it.

Last edited by a moderator:
the reason I asked was as I am a junior member of the Ulster (CPSA) I thought we should come under the same rules as we are a sub branch but yet we are only classified or reassessed once in 12 months 

Back