New to the Forum

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damo

Hi

New to this forum but not that new to clay shooting. Started with a lesson at Braidwood clays in the Scottish borders in 2009 a couple of years after my wife and I moved to the area. After thinking this was a hobby we could both enjoy we got our Licences and then a couple of 28" Miroku MK70's.

Carried on with lessons and enjoying the competition between the two of us (Susan still a better shot despite she is blind in her right eye so has to shot left handed.)

Susan became preganant and thinking I will not get another oppotunity for a long time got aBeretta prevai lII 28" (Now with adjustable comb) and entered a few local competitions. Despite the fact thet I never did over well i enjoyed the eventts and the friendly nature of other more exsprienced competitors.

I have not shot in competition for about a year now due to a relentless toddler, work and my good lady wife expecting number 2. Despite this I still go and shoot when I can and my wife is determined to get back into the sport as soon as circumstances allow.

However I am still interested in the sport and am looking forward to contributing and learning from this forum.

Regards

Damon & Sue Sommerville

PS. I know we shoot 28" barrels which most view as short but my wife and i are not exactly big. (Me 5,2" and Sue 4,10") with short arms to boot) so swinging a 28" barrell to us is probably like swinging a 30" for a regular sized person. and when trying different lenghts out 28" felt the most natural and comfortoble for us both.

PPS. Hope I have not gone on to much.

Welcome aboard Damon - enjoy ShootClay - any questions, please let me know...

So your not from Ayrshire then, they are short with long arms for tatty howkin.

Welcome

Welcome, hope you have a great time and get everything you need from the Forums, all the best, Growl

Back