New Shooting Ground in Hampshire

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New clay shooting ground open in Hampshire.!

Next competition date 19th Jan 2014

50 Bird sporting

£15

£10 re-entry

25 Bird pool shoot

£5

10 Bird DTL / ABT

£3

10:00 - 14:30

Cartridges available to buy with certificate at time of purchase

Hot food / drinks available

Toilets on site

Everyone must wear Wellington boots.!

Wellies???? Trap shooters don't wear wellies,well not to shoot in any way!!

Is there an echo in here?
Yes!.........Yes!....................Yes!.............................Yes!...........................................Yes!................................................................Yes! :biggrin:

how much do you pay for 100 DTL ? £3.00 for ten or £30.00 for 100 looks good to me

£7.50 for a round of DTL? That's registered event prices and that includes regulation targets, qualified referees and prize money. I'm not sure of the 10 DTL idea either, I can't see many going for that.

Its a 10 DTL pool, very popular in some parts. Were do you lot shoot ?

£3 is about right, again were do you lot shoot ?

I don't personally like 10 bird anything however having said that it is ideal if you are working on something or setting a gun up as a quick 10 then do some fiddling or some thinking then off for another 10.

Furthermore, we keep moaning that we are losing grounds especially trap grounds. Along comes a chap informing us of a brand new venture and transparent about costs. I for one think we should be a little more encouraging and welcoming to the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at a sporting strawbaler last week - and they had a 15 bird DTL as a side comp (or maybe 30) - and it seemed very popular indeed. If there had been less of a queue - I might have had a go. 

I will say the targets didn't look as 'regulation' as I have seen before (limited experience, but did shoot a Registered at Bisley) - but good fun all the same. 

I don't personally like 10 bird anything however having said that it is ideal if you are working on something or setting a gun up as a quick 10 then do some fiddling or some thinking then off for another 10.

Furthermore, we keep moaning that we are losing grounds especially trap grounds. Along comes a chap informing us of a brand new venture and transparent about costs. I for one think we should be a little more encouraging and welcoming to the OP.
Couldn't agree more Ips, but I think attendances may rise more if the original poster tells us where the shoot is.

I figured that was what was being echoed??

10 bird DTL is aimed squarely at Sporting Shooters like me. I might just be able to shoot 10 without getting bored of the repetition. 25 stretches it too far! (Maybe??).  :sarcastic:

This a new venture and deserves to succeed. Have a look for Ower on bingle maps and you'll find its near Southampton. 

Pam is definitely not a bloke by the way!

Oops sorry pam, must never assume :)
Its the wellies that concern me mate! I mean dtl and abt in the mud just does not sit right in my head!

Last edited by a moderator:
Should have been at bywel English open 2012 was the only time i have ever shot in wellies luckily i had some in the van, the motor home got stuck and had to be towed out by a tractor, very embarrassing.

Hello all.! Sorry I'm new to ShootClay so sorry if this appears in wrong place.!

The 10 Bird DTL and ABT is set at 10 birds as it is a pool shoot. The price £3

25 bird ( sport trap ) pool shoot £5

Wellington boots are not needed to shoot the pool shoot's.. But as many people come to shoot the sporting layout and the ground is very wet and muddy.! Me stating that Wellingtons are needed is the best way around it.!

Pam

First off, welcome.

No its not in the wrong place at all and many thanks for your post. Out of my area but i wish you luck in your venture. 3 quid for 10 bird pool is bang on price from my experience so don't listen to the grumpy gits :)

Bridgnorth & District Gun Club always used to do a 10 bird DTL to encourage beginners and novices.

Back