New Beretta 694

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to jump in. Seriously considering buying this new 694. I currently own a CG magnus sporting 32".

Any thoughts
Try before you buy is my advice. I like changing things and if the itch is there it probably needs scratching but for all the good feedback on the 694, the Magnus is all the gun most people will ever need.

@Westward , you could be right. The magnus is all the gun I need. Patterns well, copes with recoil well. The only thing I hate is the sharp bit on the forend and have to wear a glove. 

The forend on the 694 is a work of art in my eyes

Last edited by a moderator:
The Magnus forend style is usually called a schnabel which is German for beak. I don't like them either but most sporters seem to have them as standard, although various CGs have the very comfortable rounded nose style and some have trap forends. They can be swapped at order time or later - for a price of course.

@Westward , you could be right. The magnus is all the gun I need. Patterns well, copes with recoil well. The only thing I hate is the sharp bit on the forend and have to wear a glove. 

The forend on the 692 is a work of art in my eyes
I bought a 692 a few months ago, they are available with Beaver tail or Schnabel fore end, mine had the Schnabel (like my Silver Pig that I traded in) I don't know what the difference was because I never had any problems with the Silver Pig but the 692 took the skin off my left index finger, I had to sand a radius on the "beak" which had been left sharp.

There was no switchable ejector on mine.

I bumped into lloyd pattinson on Sunday with a 694 over his shoulder. It was a press gun from gmk. He was preparing to do a round with it for his soon to come review. I had a brief look at it and shouldered it to see how it fit me. It felt well balanced . I would have liked a few shots with it but I couldn't really ask that when he hadn't even shot it himself

I popped into Ian coleys on Saturday with the intention of buying a new shotgun, I had a 692 as my fist gun and it left me never wanting to pick up another beretta. Whilst there they mentioned that the 694 had just arrived and I did have a look, I was impressed by the feel of the gun and the stock and grip dimensions seem to be greatly improved from what I can remember. It also looks like there has been a fair improvement in quality in the 694, for me it wasn’t the best fit and I had a cg summit ascent in mind and that’s what I walked out with but the beretta did feel like a nice gun.
Mate you've bought more guns than any chap I know, any chance this one will still be with you by Christmas?

Mate you've bought more guns than any chap I know, any chance this one will still be with you by Christmas?
I’ll have to mate, got another little one on the way. I’ve lost my way a bit recently with the shooting and have nothing like the form I used to have but I’m trying to make time to get back to some registered shoots and I wasn’t enjoying what I had previously.

I’ll have to mate, got another little one on the way. I’ve lost my way a bit recently with the shooting and have nothing like the form I used to have but I’m trying to make time to get back to some registered shoots and I wasn’t enjoying what I had previously.
Lost your way? Mate weve all been to that dark place, good luck with the new gun, hope it puts a smile on face 

Very wet out today so couldn’t shoot again...driving me nuts. Thought I’d upload a few photos 

On the close up of the action you can see the small steel disc that retains the ejectors as I mentioned earlier.

The full Lloyd Pattison review is also up on YouTube now....he seems to like it.

24089C33-1B49-4B9D-8888-3E4D6DC12FEA.jpeg

F7990E31-0E20-4B18-8E1F-0D200425A850.jpeg

88A7E684-CD16-4DF0-A06A-EABADDF3017E.jpeg

E7F20BB5-20D2-4DDC-86A3-E061218B8653.jpeg

C0C53F6F-D616-4561-8961-8948ACDE1638.jpeg

25DFB762-A6FF-4F6A-9DA1-4798BDF61E58.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I fondled James Bradley-Day's sponsored 694 yesterday before shooting the Kent Compak, very good first impressions, really liked the wider DT10 style lever (something which I've long said should be standard fare OR an option on all guns), barrels are stamped 1580 with the facility of adding weights close to the action behind the fore end, James has added 150g to the stock as he reckoned the gun felt front heavy compared to his old 692, he also said it has less recoil which I believe is down to the overall weight which seemed heavier than my own 682e. 

This particular one wasn't at all low in comb height, for me the negatives include the shape of the fore end as given the choice I'd be happier with a no nonsense Trap version, also didn't think the grip was all that comfortable but then can't remember a Beretta that did feel right in that department. 

1580gm barrels seem heavier than most recent Optima bored Berettas and now they've ditched the aluminium forend metal I'm not surprised it's front heavy. There are plenty who prefer a bit of forward weight bias, especially those of us built like racing snakes, but 150gm in the stock is a lot of weight to add for balancing.

I know balance is very subjective and personal, but for what it’s worth my 694 balances on the pin out of the box which suits me personally as I have quite a forward supporting hold. 

Hi all,

Does anybody know (preferably, firsthand) whether the stock to the 694 would fit a 692? As far as I can tell nothing is radically different, so I would venture it could. I like the idea of the "fatter" grip and comb, and was looking to replace my 692's forend with a beavertail / trap version anyway. If the stocks swap out as easily, I just might wait until there are sets (regular stock, trap forend) available from Beretta for the 694 (as there are for the 692's currently). Please chime in.    

I don't think the stock will fit due to the cut outs in it each side of the action, I doubt too if the forend will fit due to there being a different lock up on it

694 stock and forend very unlikely to fit a 692...you may be able to get a good stock maker to make it fit but I’d rather put the money into a bespoke stock if that’s all your unhappy with. 

I don't think the stock will fit due to the cut outs in it each side of the action, I doubt too if the forend will fit due to there being a different lock up on it
Whoops. Good point on the fore-end, had seen the difference in look-up but promptly forgot about that. From the same video's though, the action does appear very similar in shape. Of course that may well mean they are still miles apart in actual fit.

694 stock and forend very unlikely to fit a 692...you may be able to get a good stock maker to make it fit but I’d rather put the money into a bespoke stock if that’s all your unhappy with. 
Have had thoughts about a bespoke stock, and I will confess I have considered the more radical Ergo / TSK options. Skilled stockmakers are unfortunately few and far between in the Netherlands,  so might have to forego the classic look and eventually pull the trigger on something that has the more "modern" look. Pricewise I am seeing very different numbers being quoted on the web for each of the various options, although I would imagine that a bespoke stock is likely the more expensive option given the scarcity of services on offer. 

Still, if there is anyone who has handled both stocks separated from the actions, I'd love to know if there are indeed differences. 

To be honest by the time you have had a custom stock made cost wise you may be better off trading in the 692 and getting the 694 anyhow. Last time I looked Berreta's complete stocks were quite pricey even if you go down that route

Have you tried one ?

To be honest by the time you have had a custom stock made cost wise you may be better off trading in the 692 and getting the 694 anyhow. Last time I looked Berreta's complete stocks were quite pricey even if you go down that route

Have you tried one ?
Held one, but no chance to actually shoot it. Your thoughts are very true in monetary terms. Just an adjustable stock is well north of 900 euro, while a non-adjustable is just south of 600. They do sell headed stock blanks at (less than) 500 euro's or so. I don't yet have an idea of the cost of having such a blank finished to my specs, but the thought is tempting.

Truth is, I quite like my 692 and swapping it out for a new gun feels less justifiable to me than adapting my own, despite economic sensibilities. So, eventually I will probably go down the route of either getting work done on the stock, swapping the stock or having a stock made (possibly from a headed blank). For now I've decided to stick with what I have as I don't feel it affects my shooting.

I did swap out the forend on my 692 for a beavertail. Beretta were superb in comms over the selection of a matching piece (although they never did answer the question of whether a 694 stock would fit a 692). For those interested in a similar swap: Once I got the wood, it literally took less than five minutes. Only two torx (T15) screws to undo. The forend metal comes out in two self contained parts which slotted into the new piece like a charm. No work on the wood required, and the match is good thanks to the various options I was given to choose from.   

Latest posts

Back