Nat I/C ESP

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a pic of my free pistol in my gallery on my member's page.

I can put my hand in that and hold it without closing the fingers and thumb around the grip.

I thought the shoot was very good, if on the firm side. I heard a lot discussing it as such. (Yes, I am one of those who doesn't need to feel butch and say "Grrr.. Not nearly tough enough..") Maybe scores would have been a touch higher, but yesterday was a washout and today did present some problems with targets through the sun. I have been way off form for the last three or four shoots and this was one where it showed! So, clanger score, all my fault. Would def be at Barrow more if nearer though..

And I just have to say, I KNOW that you never look at how the shooter in front of you does it. Just do it your own way. But today, with confidence on the wane, I broke this rule and stuffed another bunch of kills. The cherry picker at the top of the hill. I knew it was a midi with reducing speed (so not too much then) but watched the guy in front seeming to give it loads to hit it. Durr.. He was either shooting it under power or stopping or something.. Just hit the last one by halving the gap.. It's a vicious circle when your confidence goes..

Last edited by a moderator:
Straighted Stand One

Like many shooters far better than me, missed all four of the white targets on Stand Two

Lost the plot on Stands Three and Four

Two away on Stand Five

Lost the plot on Stand Six

Complete meltdown, making more mistakes than I care to mention . . . . . all sorted out in hindsight of course !

Fantastic day and great targets. Deffo a bit on the tough side but nothing to moan about from my point of view.

Don't need to soften the targets. Just need to shoot better.

Oh and Will . . . . . I guess you didn't see the little "hello" we left on your windscreen?

Straighted Stand One

Oh and Will . . . . . I guess you didn't see the little "hello" we left on your windscreen?
Ah sorry! Spotted something under wiper as I walked past my car to hand card in (looking dolefully at the floor), then forgot it. Saw it fly off windscreen on the A14, but like most things in the air yesterday, failed to read it! :)

Sorry again..

Will,honestly,which targets do you think made it on the firm side?

Low R/L green

White L/R up the steps

Blaze incomer (chandelle O/R)

Teal (O/R of the battue)

For me,those were the four targets. The rest were all there to fill in really. I made a right mess of it and finished on 82...about 8 targets light!

Very good course I thought, couple of issues with the sun but otherwise good. I started off like a total amature as is my style at the minute but pulled the last 7 stands round.

I thought about 93-4 would have been right.

Good, fair round of targets.

Will,honestly,which targets do you think made it on the firm side?

Low R/L green

White L/R up the steps

Blaze incomer (chandelle O/R)

Teal (O/R of the battue)

For me,those were the four targets. The rest were all there to fill in really. I made a right mess of it and finished on 82...about 8 targets light!
I agree Wayne, those were all a challenge and only hit 1, 2 or 3 of each of those.

I think people get fixated with particular targets when describing a harder course. You can have a tough course that contains nothing that nasty, but is pretty testing on every stand. That makes a tough round when you count up at the end, without it seeming tough while shooting (perhaps easy to the AAA guys). Conversely some shoots are 80 waste-of-lead clays and 20 impossible ones where the tough 2 targets get really discussed.

For me, yesterday was 3 easy stands, 3 tough stands and respectably tricky on the others

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully someone picked them up and forgot to hand them in. Shooters are normally fairly honest. I left a pair of glasses at barrow recently and someone handed them in.
I'm hoping that's the case. Nothing has turned up so far. It's unfortunate but it's rather put me off shooting. I'm just sorry to end on a sour note.

Liz you look great for someone 8 weeks off D day! 
Thanks! It's amazing what you can hide under a shooting vest :)

Latest posts

Back