Murray’s Vent Rib Tool

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody

Hello,

Does anybody know if you can buy a Murrays Vent Rib tool in the UK?  I have for some time had an annoying small ding in the rib of my 682 and I would like to sort it out. Looking online this only appears available in the US.

I've got a fair bit of time on my hands at the moment but i'm not mobile to take my barrels into a gunshop myself, and this is the only method I would be willing to try myself.

Any information on where you can get one would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben, I made one for Salopian not long ago, where are you based? If it's near any of the grounds he shoots I'm sure he would sort it for you, failing that I suppose if I get a bit of time I could make another, atb, growl

Last edited by a moderator:
I need one as well... Maybe we could have a shootclay one...?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is this what you're talking about, this is the one I made for Salopian

post-1064-0-94341000-1395601985.jpg

Attachments

• rib tool.jpg
    rib tool.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
It is copyrighted!

Just lever the dent back up with a screwdriver!

I have a tool for removing dents and bulges from barrels and the labour charge is dearer than rib lifting.

I don't own a screwdriver... Is there something else I could use to get the dink out of my rib?

Growl

that is an excellent piece of enginering my friend, very impressed.

Can someone explain how it works?

It clamps onto rib and a bit goes under the offending bent bit then its like a reverse vice that lifts the bent bit of rib. I think.

Latest posts

Back