Mullers for skeet

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

postie

Any body use muller chokes for skeet 

If so which ones U0 or U1`s. And are you happy with the breaks your getting 

Looked at past muller topics but no mention of skeet 

They are great for skeet. Albeit they pattern a little tight. I use a U0 first barrel and a U1 second.

you won't be disappointed.

I use U1's for ESK and U1 bottom U2 top for OSK, (which I usual shoot). Use a Beretta DT11 30" and about to fit an ErgoSign stock. Very happy with results, usually dust!

They're no better than any other aftermarket choke, at skeet or anything else despite what the hype may suggest. 

In terms of whether or not the target is hit, pattern quality comes way down the list, especially at skeet where the targets are so close.

I certainly wouldn't spend a premium on expensive aftermarket chokes as I doubt they'll make any meaningful difference to your performance. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Any body use muller chokes for skeet 

If so which ones U0 or U1`s. And are you happy with the breaks your getting 

Looked at past muller topics but no mention of skeet 
I previously used a pair of U1's for Skeet, very nice breaks.  Obviously the closer targets get smoked or mashed, the further targets get pleasing breaks.

I tend to use U2 now if I shoot skeet, but that's because I prefer a bit more choke these days and shoot U3 at sporting.

If you have a Beretta with Optima threads, my U1's are surplus to requirements.

Now I am certain that one of the top skeet shooters was using Full/Full in his Kerazzi MX80  !     :rolleyes:

Thanks for your reply people much appreciated,

using a pair of cylinders in my CG SUMMIT at the moment 1CG and 1 briely

having some good brakes and a lot of chippy ones 

Patterned both chokes to find both throwing fairly tight centres and not a good a even spread 

Tried several different carts and much the same 

I'd read that the mullers give a better more even pattern 

Thanks for your reply people much appreciated,

using a pair of cylinders in my CG SUMMIT at the moment 1CG and 1 briely

having some good brakes and a lot of chippy ones 

Patterned both chokes to find both throwing fairly tight centres and not a good a even spread 

Tried several different carts and much the same 

I'd read that the mullers give a better more even pattern 
Some cartridges pattern tight. Depending on where you shoot, try 24g steel 9's (White Gold Pro Steel).  Very nice patterns from 24g and lots of pellets.

Lot of mixed reviews about these and I've just read that they don't recommend using steel thro there competition chokes

And it my affect the warranty, I'm using steel a lot now .so I'll save the £140 and by an extra 1000 carts and get more practice in

Thanks for your replys

Last edited by a moderator:
Lot of mixed reviews about these and I've just read that they don't recommend using steel thro there competition chokes

And it my affect the warranty, I'm using steel a lot now .so I'll save the £140 and by an extra 1000 carts and get more practice in

Thanks for your  
i would get 500 carts and a lesson bud ( if it was my money )  ?? 

I use Muller U1's top and bottom barrel for skeet with Gamebore White Gold 24x9 Steel. I have never patterned this combination but am very satisfied with the hits I get (and the chips!!)

Thanks for your replys
It's simple just follow the advice from Nicky T don't shoot steel game loads through the competition chokes they have wild fowling chokes for that. Then don't shoot steel through a U4. I've shot steel through U1 2&3 no issues! I don't have a U4 yet and want one (subtle hint if anyones selling one) but like any full choke I wouldn't shoot steel through it or any other full choke it's just common sense!

Latest posts

Back